Cock-a-goodle-doo

by simplesally 41 Replies latest social family

• codeblue
    codeblue

hawks were honks

peanut butter was pinta butter

whiskey was wisikey (I know you are wondering why a 2 year old would talk about whiskey...lol)

• exjdub
    exjdub

Codeblue,

whiskey was wisikey (I know you are wondering why a 2 year old would talk about whiskey...lol)

That one's easy...how else are you supposed to stay up with a 2 year old if you don't get 'em sloshed?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My brother would say Exa-kin-dish-inner instead of Air Conditioner. He would also say Bisghetti instead of Spaghetti

My little siser would say... well... lets just way she had a hard time with Truck.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Maybe grandma Mulan can remember more...

I just loved the way he said Elmo. He said it right, but it sounded a little different and just so cute.

Zoe called me grandma uhuh for a long time, trying to say grandma marilyn. Then it was grandma ellalyn

Now I'm just grandma. (the kids were differentiating all the grandmas in the family for a long time, and there were several back then, Grandma Marilyn, Grandma Gail, Grandma Sharon, Great Grandma, and the other cousin's grandma, Grandma Karen.

• desib77
    desib77

My husbad will kill me for this, but his mother told me he used to call pickles, lubbylos....hehe, and buttered toast, buddy toast.

Desi (Sweetie, I have no idea how lubbylos got spread all over the net....)

• Xandria
    Xandria

Gawd, you all are going to get me in hot water with my siblings.. lol. Okay...

Tamar: Turtle Tinker Car, Zoo string chicken ( shoe string chicken).

Rachel:Na- Nana ( she could not say my name and it ended up as that). Both would say: Panty-cakes for pancakes. (GAWD they are both going to kill me. )

I used to say: Umbubble-la for umbrella as a child.

Our younger brother was the most fun with words. He had trouble saying: Truck.. it sounded more like the F word. Look at the >>>>> ! LOL.

La- ows' were cows.

Coca-lo-lo = coke a cola

You dut= ment you were stupid.

He made up his own "language" I think it was b/c he had a difficult time, learning to speak. He was a late bloomer.

X.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Franklin, Teryn calls the remote: the "mote" and she calls the computer, the "puter".

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

Since my kids won't read this...

My oldest..

"nukis" for music, coff-ough for washcloth, "doshes" for dollars.

My middle one...

truck was fwuck, his name, Joshua, was "Owa".

the little one...well, he didn't speak English until he was 3!

TB

• bisous
    bisous

Hootcase (suitcase)

flowler (flower)

extrasize (exercise)

tao, mommy, tao (cow)

horhees (horseys)

gosshh, i'm sure there are more ... but I recommend recording all of them (either written or audio) cuz time fades memories and these are some of the best!!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think there is a lot we can learn by watching our children grow, and learning words.

Put,

Flutters-by I see a genius in that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit