Beyonce vs. Britney

by Funchback 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Left_Field
    Left_Field

I love to mix it up... here's my latest one. I rarely see replies to my posts. This either means that they are ignored for being ridiculous or agreed with without an argument? I hope you realise that I answer these sort of topics with a light heart. Don't be taking it too serious... lol

The music industry knows that sex sells. Whichever one "works it" better sells more records. What talent?

I see a small musical talent that is exploited with erotica as the underlying theme.

I see great showmanship when it comes to displaying themselves that way. Guy performers are the same [She Bangs??].

I don't have anything against that when it comes to an adult audience, but a huge portion of the audience for these two attractive ladies starts at pre-teen. The brits say it right when they say "slu*s sell". Sex is the oldest profession, so say some.

This in turn overflows into the fashion industry and now we have mini Britneys [and Beyonces] running around mimicing what these girls do on stage.

When was the last time you heard a young girl say "Mommy, I'd like that Britney-esque outfit because it reminds me of the very important message she gives in her latest song about "being true to myself" and "waiting for the right moment". I'd say it was more along the lines of "Mom, I want that outfit cause it's soooo cool and the boys are gonna droool" Go figure. Don't forget all the accessories, make-up, memorablia, idol-using products [Pepsi etc].

I doubt very much the music industry cares about the fallout. Hormonally charged boys / men drool and are in ecstacy to see girls [up close and in the flesh] of all ages dress and behave as these screen idols. Tell me I'm wrong guys... lmao

Oh, which one do I like better? I think the question should be, which one would you prefer to have a night with?? That IS what most of the guys think [with a small exception I'm sure]. Eye candy is eye candy amd I would have to say, I agree with me on this one?? LMAO

LF

• Sassy
    Sassy

They are both sexy. Beyonce will get more respect though from the general audience..

I have cds of both of them..although I don't think I have played Britney's since I lived in Minnesota..

Beyonce has the most awesome videos... hands down

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Oh, which one do I like better? I think the question should be, which one would you prefer to have a night with?? That IS what most of the guys think [with a small exception I'm sure]. Eye candy is eye candy amd I would have to say, I agree with me on this one?? LMAO

I think the question was who was better. I dont care how they dress, I dont dress like that, but if I did it would be my own buisness.

My 12 yr old likes beyonce better, she thinks she can sing better, I dont think she cares what she is wearing also, at least they arent on stage pissing on people or throwing dirty tampons onto the crowd.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Britney is purely a merchandising product, with minimal talent, and marginal attractiveness. She has all the personality and charm of a blow-up doll, but with less intelligence.

I have never listened much to Beyonce, she might be a slighty more talented singer/performer than Britney, but that's not saying much. Appearance-wise she is attractive enough, but so are thousands of other wanna-be pop divas...

I am not sure what the appeal of either is. Madonna in her heyday would out-entertain both of them, by far. Even now, she totally stole the show from Britney in the video they did together.

No Apologies

• Badger
    Badger

Beyonce is far and away a better performer, musician and babe. Britney is just an untalented Madonna.

• Left_Field
    Left_Field

Stephanie... I think you misunderstood my take on it. As an adult woman you are free to dress as you wish. It's unlikely that you will be easily persuaded by music, trends as much as a pre-teen would be. Let's not take my quote out of context here.

As for "better", better at what? *grin*

LF

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Sorry LF

If this answers your concern: again my 12 doesnt care what she wears and dosent want what she wears when we go shopping.

If I am going in circles again please shoot me.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Beyonce..... she is truely talented, Britney is manufactured. Besides Beyonce is too bootylicious for yah babe

• amac
    amac

They are both horrible...but as long as they keep the masses from hogging the REAL music out there, then I guess they serve a purpose.

• heyfea
    heyfea

Musically speaking, I like Britney...(I'm not saying she's the more talented)...I mean, her songs are more catchy to my ears. Physically speaking, I think Britney's got it all. Beyonce's got way too much cellulite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit