Astrology is an imbecilic belief (no dissenting discussion please)

by rem 41 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem

How can supposedly intelligent adults actually believe (and waste any time) on this astrology crap? Are they mentally handicapped? Is it genetic? Memetic? Are they the blind follower type that fall for any type of New Age mumbo-jumbo?

Discuss. :)

rem

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Wait, at one time you believed in what the JW's said, yet you would disparage those who believe in astrology?

Are they mentally handicapped? Is it genetic? Memetic? Are they the blind follower type that fall for any type of New Age mumbo-jumbo?

Are you mentally handicapped, is it genetic to believe the WTBTS bullsh*t? Are you the blind follower type that falls for any type of WTBTS mumbo-jumbo? Discuss. :)

• El blanko
    El blanko

While not advocating the pursuit of this system, I have to accept that beyond the surface a certain truth lies within. Have you ever had your own birth chart drawn up?

I have and also a selection of my friends have as an experiment, the results were astounding.

Beyond the tabloid appearance there appears to be a certain validity to the claims of the more serious astrologers out there.

• Realist
    Realist

blanko,

Beyond the tabloid appearance there appears to be a certain validity to the claims of the more serious astrologers out there.

absolutely NOT!

they are just good in producing statements that are of hidden generality which will sound astoundingly true - nevertheless their hitrate is simply a matter of probability.

• rem
    rem

>> Wait, at one time you believed in what the JW's said, yet you would disparage those who believe in astrology?

So? I was wrong then and Astrologers are wrong now.

>> Are you mentally handicapped, is it genetic to believe the WTBTS bullsh*t? Are you the blind follower type that falls for any type of WTBTS mumbo-jumbo? Discuss. :)

I think that if someone falls for the JW's as an adult then they are filling some type of void in their life and are not using their rational fascilities to the full. I was raised a JW, so I didn't have any choice, but I got out once I figured out that things weren't right.

People who believe in Astrology are like the JWs who won't listen to the other side of the story. They just *know* they have the truth. Facts don't phase them. Perhaps, like JWs, they are filling some type of emotional void in their life, but they are doing it at the expense of their rationality.

I thought I said no dissenting discussion?

rem

• rem
    rem

>> Beyond the tabloid appearance there appears to be a certain validity to the claims of the more serious astrologers out there.

I'll give you the fact that there *appears* to be a certain validity, but controlled expiriments show that the appearence is not reality.

This thread is for non-believers only, by the way.

rem

• FMZ
    FMZ

Why can't you all just stop this childish bullshit. I say that wholeheartedly on behalf of those that want this said. To those that don't want it said... Neener

FMZ of the "man I am tired of the schoolyard politics on this damn board" class

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hey Rem,

This was an excellant idea!!

• El blanko
    El blanko
    I'll give you the fact that there *appears* to be a certain validity, but controlled expiriments show that the appearence is not reality.

Whose controlled experiments?

Does every aspect of our life only exist through controlled experiments? Like, ahem, a belief in God?

Your experiment to control this thread is beginning to fail

• El blanko
    El blanko

A book for REM the skeptic:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1840673540/qid=1083615548/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/202-0683404-0332651

Click that link up there and find a stockist in the US, then buy the book, study the book and come back and tell us believers what you think.

Colin Wilson started his career as a scientist, got bored, studied the occult and made several well researched books on the subject. You may find it interesting reading. Beware though, it may open another dimension to your mind that will not easily close

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit