An honest estimate of ourselves.... (long)

by Theocrat 51 Replies latest jw friends

• five_crew
    five_crew

Not all of us that left have taken up a worldly spirit. I pray about decisions before I make them, try not to be negative, love my husband and children, treat other people right, the list could go on and on. I'm not just tooting my own horn. I was df'd, did it hurt, yes, but I believe that my relationship with God has gotten stronger. I, for one, have reviewed myself. You leave a lot to think about. But, would a loving God want us to constantly be trying to do more, or would he want us to enjoy the many blessings he gives each one of us that believes and strives to do what is right?

• Undecided
    Undecided

You seem to have a lot of confidence in a book and org. that has never had it's predictions fullfilled. Only a bunch of lies. I was a third generation JW and each generation believed the New Earth would come in their life time, as fostered by the faithful men who believed that crap. You can only blind yourself for so long and then the truth hits you. When you reach your old age you will see that you have wasted your life on some words in a book that never were true. I really feel sorry for you.

Ken P.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Luke 7:50
    Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
    (Whole Chapter: Luke 7 In context: Luke 7:49-51)

Acts 15:11
    No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved,

just as they are."
    (Whole Chapter: Acts 15 In context: Acts 15:10-12)
    Acts 16:31
    They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved? you and your household."
    (Whole Chapter: Acts 16 In context: Acts 16:30-32) Romans 10:9
    That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    (Whole Chapter: Romans 10 In context: Romans 10:8-10) 2 Timothy 1:9
    who has saved us and called us to a holy life?not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
    (Whole Chapter: 2 Timothy 1 In context: 2 Timothy 1:8-10) Matthew 11:30
    For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
    (Whole Chapter: Matthew 11 In context: Matthew 11:29-31)

CG|

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No one is free. Still inside this religious organization that presumes to be free, I see us all subjected to 5 meetings per week, and mind you that to be in good standing one must arrive 15 to 20 mins early to fraternize and stay 15 to 20 mins later for the same crap; and of course, if your man happens to have privileges within, oh brother!, a 2 hour meeting easily turns into 3 1/2 hrs easily. It's pure torture and stress, but they call it freedom, of course.

Also, let's not forget the meetings to go out on service. precious Saturday and/or Sunday mornings, and some weekday afternoons if you let them pressure you into it, where a 3 1/2-hour ordeal, including transportation time and preparation time, turns into you just being able to count maybe 1 or 1 1/2 hrs towards that silly little report at the end of each month. Hurray for freedom, huh?!!!

While the world in on Holiday, God forbid you don't use that time to go out on service! You'll be labeled 'spiritually weak'. Oh, such freedom!

Must only fraternize, socialize among other members of this Org. Watch out, though, because if you socialize with other than the ones labeled 'spiritually strong' then you're bad influence and become somewhat marked by these same individuals. Oh, what freedom!

Awwwww....and who can forget all the DON'TS among the JWs. Gosh, it's a never ending list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But they're the most free and the happiest people in earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH, RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HI THEOCRAT.

YOU MUST HAVE PUT IN SOME TIME, TO PUT YOUR ESSAY TOGETHER.

THANK YOU.

YOU MENTION THOSE WHO MIGHT COME INTO THE ORGANIZATION AND CORRUPT IT WITH THEIR EVIL WAYS. ELDERS I BELIEVE YOU MENTIONED.

THE PROBLEM WITH THE WBTS IS THAT THE ONES THAT HAVE CORRUPTED IT, ARE THOSE WHO SIT ON THE GOVERNING BODY.

THUS THE CORRUPTION STARTS AT THE TOP AND FLOWS DOWN TO AND THROUGH THE PUBLISHERS.

IT IS OBVIOUS FROM THE ACTIONS OF THE WBTS, THAT JEHOVAH HAS ABANDONED THEM IF HE EVER WAS PLEASED WITH THEM.

Outoftheorg

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Jehovah's Witnesses at a glance: Why I left the troof. (1) the central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower is that Christ Jesus returned to power in 1914.This 'mutated millerite' dogma is a blasphemous bogus LIE!

(2) The revered holyman founder of Jehovah's Witnesses is buried in a mystical pyramid monument.

(3) Sooo,the upshot of # 1 and 2 is that the Watchtower has been,teaching doctrines of demons from the get-go.

Consequently on the basis of Gal.1:8 Jehovah's Witnesses are accursed and die unsaved.

People usually imitate the God they worship,who by process of elimination is NOT Jesus Christ.

This would account for all the dog eat dog turmoil among JW's.[James 3:15,16] REG:"Theocrat's" posting,.....here that no lover of God would ever publish. Undaunted Danny wishing that he hadn?t wasted his ?better than a Chippendales dancer? body when he was young. What would you rather have done, Danny? Fornicate with every whore that smacked your tail when you walked by? Would Reply from Danny to: "theocrat"What is your real identity and where do you live? Show youself.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am still a JW and in good standing -- I make an honest appraisal of myself regularly -- I have not left God - but I refuse to totally and blindly follow an organization which has unscriptural practices

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

Undaunted Danny: why do you want to know where I live? Are you going to come picket the assembly hall or something?

• Fleur
    Fleur

oops, premature posting there lol. another post is down the thread.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I left the organization primarily because the Bible is bunk. What'dya say to that?

B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit