Prats with microphones

by Jonty Parkin 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Jonty Parkin
    Jonty Parkin

"You should get a clue as to her dimeaner from the photo".

"Her" demeanour? Actually, I'm a "he". The picture is of my JW grannie, warmly greeting the visiting Circuit Overseer :)

Jonty

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Jonty,

Pardon me for the error as to your gender and thank you kindly for your english lesson.

I will have my girfriend sit on my face and spell the word out for about an hour, then I will be educated and never make the mistake again!

Love,

Elmer

• DIM
    DIM

It used to drive me nuts how they thought doing the mics was such a privelege....I hated when I was on the schedule. I was once removed mid-Watchtower because my suit jacket did not match my pants....i think it was tan pants / black jacket type thing. We also received a written instruction sheet on how to handle mics.....pretty bizarre actually.

• blondie
    blondie

It is something most sisters will never get to do (though I have heard of some congregations that have sisters handle the mikes, never verified it though).

It is a control thing, supposedly the first step up the ladder to being an elder.

It always shocked me to see some 13-year-old boy with pimples wearing a suitcoat 2 sizes to large trying to run fast up and down the aisle.

One day this one poor boy bonked a sister in the mouth and her upper plate fell out.

Then there was the 15-year-old who tripped Sister 90-Years-Old when she was standing on the cord. He gave it a yank ahd she went flying.

The elders could never explain why a sister could not handle the microphones but could read the paragraphs at the book study without a headcovering when there was no qualified brother but the conductor.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    It is something most sisters will never get to do (though I have heard of some congregations that have sisters handle the mikes, never verified it though).

I have seen this happen. In the Nashua, NH congregation the PO decided to send a message to the brothers. It seems that the PO was not happy with the "example" the brothers were putting forward with meeting attendance and field ministry hours, so he had his daughter carry the mics for one Watchtower study. It whipped those boys right into shape!

By the way...we have to give credit where credit is due. One of the greatest tricks the WTBS has pulled off is getting so much out of people for free. Not only that, the frenzy they create by making it a "priviledge" is astounding! Like Corvin...I too fear I was mic weanie. ughghghghgh...makes me want to hurl.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh yes - as the English would say -- WANKERS

• shamus
    shamus

Mike weenie... atrocious but true.

I got 'promoted' from just mic handler to song player and head mic handler.... LOLOLOL! What a dumbass I was. I just walked out one day and came back about 1 month later... nobody said anything to me really... oh, how I miss them.....,,.,

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I carried the "mic" when i was young. It seemed that in our congregation they used alot of younger guys for this. Some other congregations had older mic carriers though, 20's-30's in age. I liked carrying the mic as it gave me an excuse from sitting with my parents

JG

• Wallflower
    Wallflower
    though I have heard of some congregations that have sisters handle the mikes,

Lucky Mike!!!!

• brooklynNY
    brooklynNY

I didn?t mind handling the microphones too much, it was better than sitting for two hours listening to mind numbing nonsense. Our kingdom hall had a separate room where the sound was controlled and the records were played. We routinely chill in the sound room completely ignoring the meeting, discussing sports, cars, sisters or whatever. I didn?t consider it a big deal the privilege aspect of it all I know is I didn?t have to sit through those boring meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit