Prats with microphones

by Jonty Parkin 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Jonty Parkin
    Jonty Parkin

In your congregation, did you ever have macho-wannabes on the microphones, strutting up and down the aisles handling the mikes as though they were AKA assault rifles?

We had a few tossers like this. In fact, I might even have been one of them...

Jonty

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Yeah Man. In my days that was "Cool Beans!" It beat the hell out of working behind the Literature Counter.

Elmer

• kls
    kls

Oh God, thanks for the memories it has been 25yrs since i stepped foot in a hall but this one guy was so weird, he would march up and down the aisles like he was so important and look at the person asking a question like he was really interested and you could see he could careless, he always had this big fake grin on his face that i wanted to slap off.

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Had a few, but not me. I was deemed unworthy of the "privilege" of carrying the mike / dispenser of truth due to facial hair, so I had never had the chance to be a mike-nazi.

After the... Bible DOES state that a goatee is the sign of the devil.. let's see, what verse was that again??? Delusions 6:66? I forget, but my elders told me so, so it MUST be the "Truth".

eyedrevil

• kls
    kls

Jonty , if that was you i have been waiting a long time to slap you ,,,,,,bring your face here

• Jonty Parkin
    Jonty Parkin

",,,,,,bring your face here"

OK kls - but only of you promise to sit on it first ;)

Jonty

• kls
    kls

Jonty, i promise as i sit here laughig so ,hard i am crying

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

kls,

You should get a clue as to her dimeaner from the photo. I'm dying too!

Elmer

• Corvin
    Corvin
    In your congregation, did you ever have macho-wannabes on the microphones, strutting up and down the aisles handling the mikes as though they were AKA assault rifles?

We had a few tossers like this. In fact, I might even have been one of them...

LOL, I don't know, I might have been one of them, but I remember taking the "privilege" verrrrry seriously. Now I own and handle really nice top of the line professional grade wireless SHURE mics in my work. Nothing to it. I even get to sing solos whereas I could never have done such a thing in the KH.

I remember this one brother who use to make me laugh whenever he would walk by with the mic. When nobody was looking he would start mugging for me, pretending like he was going to bust out into a headbanger hit. It was so funny.

Corvin

• kls
    kls

Elmer i am starting to , lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit