an arrmegedon public talk?

by galaxy7 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

That is amazing, galaxy 7. I grew up being taught that are several elements to the great tribulation.

1. Cry for peace and security
    2. Destruction of Babylon the Great by the political elements of the UN
    3. Gog of Magog attacks God's people
    4. God protects them at which time
    5. Armageddon starts

Can she explain when the first 4 happened?

w75 2/1 p. 88 Keep Looking, Keep Moving Forward with Jehovah

Among the things that lie immediately ahead of us is the execution of God?s judgments on "Babylon the Great," the world empire of false religion. (Rev. 17:15-18) This marks the beginning of the "great tribulation." (Matt. 24:21) The true footstep followers of Jesus Christ and their companions will survive this. Then what? Satan and his forces, under the symbol of Gog of Magog, will attack God?s people, being envious of their peace and prosperity. This will be the signal for the heavenly forces under Jesus Christ to proceed against the Devil?s visible forces, marking the beginning of "the war of the great day of God the Almighty" at Har?Magedon

Just curious, Blondie.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Cry for peace and security. Would this be similar to the antiwar effort where people are asking for peace?

Destruction of Babylon the Great by the political elements of the UN. Could this be UN backing of the war on terror, and close attentipn being given to how we view religious zeal because of it?

Gog of Magog attacks God's people. Isn't this what is happening in Russia?

God protects them at which time. Isn't this how Jehovah is using the legal system to protect the rights of his followers and against lawsuites?

Armageddon starts. Could be right now depending on how much of a spin you want to put on worl events................

Gadget the prophet................

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

7 is almost correct from the wts perpective

Peace and security was declared in the 1980's by some obscure politican. Considering Paul lived in pax romana and had peace and security no big deal. Oddly the WTS does not count events that happen before it was founded.

The offical line was we could be in the tribulation now or it may start ing the future. We can only know when it is over or the death toll gets high and jw count gets low. The tribulation is protrayed more than the big A and has expanded to imply a long missery of man made wars. The gog of magog attack has not happend but is the trigger for staging the BIG-A how many annoited have to die is anyones guess but it will be aim only at the annointed the great crowd are collateral damage.Maybe this is the start of deprograming to prevent martrydom and bad press you know another malawi.

Because the big-A is a war with Jehovah and I assume the watchtower knows that will be over realtivly quick i mean GOD vs tanks and airplanes. The protecting is the firework show of Jesus and the angels nuking everything.

I can find the article blondie.

The WTS is not stupid enough to annouce something they just play with your phobias with innuendo.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

galaxy7

according to my mother in law one of the things said was that we might be in armagedon right now and not know it

My mother said that 30 years ago! It's been going on a long time I guess, go figure.

• blondie
    blondie
    I can find the article blondie.

I'm aware of the WTS waffling on 1986 perhaps be the cry for peace and security. My point was that all of the points did not seem to have been fulfilled according to WTS teaching from the past.

But in order for Armageddon to be upon us (according to the WTS), BTG would have been destroyed and Gog/Satan would be trying to wipe out JWs with God and Jesus stepping in to stop it.

1. Cry for peace and security
    2. Destruction of Babylon the Great by the political elements of the UN
    3. Gog of Magog attacks God's people
    4. God protects them at which time
    5. Armageddon starts

Last I checked religion was a going concern.

A misconception some JWs have is that the WTS uses the term "great tribulation" and "Armageddon" interchangeably.

Actually, they teach that the big A is the final concluding segment of the GT. Now if this person as said that the earth was in the midst of the GT, that would have been more in line with that WTS teaching.

The WTS always likes to back door its statements leaving wiggle room just in case their pronouncements do not materialize. They talk out of both sides of their mouth. Notice how they have been gradually backing off their 1986 supposition.

June 1, 1997 WT p. 10 Jehovah?A God Who Reveals Secrets

Particularly since 1986, when an International Year of Peace was declared by the United Nations, the world has been full of talk about peace and security. Definite steps have been taken in an effort to secure world peace, apparently with a measure of success. Is this the entire fulfillment of this prophecy, or can we expect a future startling announcement of some sort? Jehovah will clarify that matter in his due time.

Worship the Only True God (published 2002) chap. 20 p. 182 Keep Close in Mind Jehovah?s Day ***

Another highly significant Bible prophecy foretells: "Whenever it is that they are saying: ?Peace and security!? then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3) What form that proclamation of "peace and security" will take remains to be seen.

Blondie

• Mary
    Mary
    according to my mother in law one of the things said was that we might be in armagedon right now and not know it

ROFLMFAO!!! Oh my god, I've never heard that one before!! What an insane statement to make.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm going to take a wild guess at to what will be talked about at this veeeery important meeting.

Lets see... maybe they will tell everyone that Armageddon is imminent and will start veeeery soon... any day now.

All of the prophecies have been fulfilled except for Armageddon... so Armageddon is the one final thing that is to happen now. (That was always my favorite one growing up )

And here is my long shot? they will say that the ?speeding up of the work? has clearly ended because of recent statistics that show the meeting attendance and FS are down. They will note, however, that this does NOT mean JWs do not need to go to meetings or FS? so get your hours up! More! More! More!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

SSDD!!!

DY

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

My motherinlaw took notes .I will get them today.I was suprised as well when she said that.

darn I should have went to the meeting

• Puternut
    Puternut

Perhaps Armageddon already came, and we're now in the Millinium, and don't know it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit