What kind of site is this??

by scabsg 21 Replies latest jw friends

• scabsg
    scabsg

Hi there,

I am new to this site and am having a hard time seeing if this is for Ex-JWs or JW's. I am an ex JW but am wondering why I have been given the staus of "newbie" a term widely used in the congregations for new comers to the "truth".

Now, if this is for people who have left and are trying to get back on their feet again, why on earth would such a variety of titles be given to members on here??

Are we not all equals?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, newbie! Newbie originated on the internet, not the WTBTS. I don't see it as a derogatory term, but if you would prefer I call you scab, no problem.

Since the "Beware the Voice of Strangers" talk from last years' convention, we have seen a dramatic increase in new ex-Jehovah's Witnesses on the site. Though there are a great variety of folks here. I, for instance, was never a JW.

Here is my thread for newcomers:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

P.S. I think a few threads make it clear that all stripes of humanity are welcome here. If you are curious as to what a pro-JW site looks like by comparison, check out:

http://www.witnessworld.com/

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    if you would prefer I call you scab

Don't pick at him, JG. He'll never heal.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Oh no.... You asked a loaded question just kidding

There are quite a variety of people here. Some have been out for many years, some have just left, some have just begun to doubt, some are marrie dto Jehovah's Witnesses. Most of us at this board are Ex-JWs as well. Some have been Disfellowshiped, some Dis Associated themselves, some simply walked away with no consequences, some are still fading. There's alot of us here, so just look around. We discuss, Politics, Religion, the Bible, Sex, Enertainment, and even what we ate for breakfast.

As far as the rating of how long you have been here, for some odd reason they seem to use Star Wars phrases. Beats me why.

oh yeah....... WELCOME!!!!!

• JH
    JH

Welcome scabsg,

Here, you will see the other side of the coin. Very real side by the way.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Scab,

If you are looking for support for returning to the organization, you may have wondered into the wrong forum. The only support system sanctioned by the WTBTS is faithful meeting attendance until reinstatement time.

But stick around, scab. Most of us here have permenently exited the organization and are happier for doing so. Why? Stick around and read some posts.

Tell us your story . . . listen to the feedback . . . ask questions and have an open mind.

Kind Regards,

Corvin

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Welcome scab...stick around...the labeling here is only superficial. They like to mess with our minds here...as if we hadn't had enough of that in the JW's. HA! Actually, this is a great group of people. Wide variety of beliefs, personalities and opinions on every subject known to mankind. I must warn you though; this site is not for the faint of heart, though the one qualification you must have to post here is to have a heart. That was decidedly lacking in the JW org. And there you go!

Cathy L.

• Justin
    Justin

As far as the rating system is concerned, I think all internet boards have them. It's a package deal. I might be wrong, but I think you can't have a board without them.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Ello Scallywag (sorry I can't call you Scab for the connotation that reminds me of here in the UK)

I can't stand the labels neither, so you're not alone. As aforementioned above, all boards have these names for different levels, personally I feel they're utterly daft, especially the competitive status games that some play, like wooooohooooo whatever that means, you're a supreme one now, what an absurd load of utter tripe and codswallop, however ...

Welcome to the board and I hope you have a thoroughly enjoyable time here.

Kindest best wishes

Mark (whos been out for quite some while)

• Puternut
    Puternut

It's a site for sore eyes.

Welcome to the forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit