My Catholic wife chastised the JWs coming to our door

by franklin J 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

My girlfriend and I have speculated that bad JW behavior comes from handing over their conscience in to the "FDS's (Mother's)" care. That would explain why secret sins flourish (Mommy can't see me), and why common acts of decency are forgotten (not covered in the magazine this week).

Ordinary people exercise their conscience by following a few general principles, then running those principles through various real-life incidents. Hmmm. Didn't I see that in a scripture somewhere?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

FJ!! You're wife is to be commended for her words. She was a fine example of loyal love....both to her family and to the love of God, which love does not act with insensitivity towards others.

Frannie B

• Purza
    Purza

Bravo for her!

• little witch
    little witch

FranklinJ,

Thats so cool! We have a standard policy here at our house when jw's come to call (which is very seldom, once a year on average). Our reply is "Are you a Jehovah's Witness"?

Their standard reply is "Yes, I am"!!!

"We are Christians", our response....and we gently close the door and walk away, while the visitor stands with his or her jaw dropped.

I thought on this technique for a long time. I wanted to be firm so as not to invite any discussion, and I wanted to give them something to ponder on. Since they can't be reasoned with, I wanted a one liner. I am neither rude, nor inviting. I don't want them to know I have a jw upbringing (apostate whistles go off in their minds).

Kudos to your wife for nipping them in the bud!

• shera
    shera

Nice and way to go to your wife!

• Roddy
    Roddy

Let's hope that what your wife said to them would pinch their hearts to realize this truth before the indoctrination meetings hardens their hearts to standard Watchtower hardline.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Now there's a good loving mate who understands you. But then, you would bring out the best in just about anyone, franklinj.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

FranklinJ...after that I think she deserves a night out on the town and at least a diamond or two!!!

She certainly has my respect!!!

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit