June 1st Watchtower - The brothers are tiring out

by truthseeker 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Hi Sunspot! I just love your little avatar!

Once you start ADMITTING this kind of malaise ( and they HATE TO ADMIT IT!), you are getting close to a terminal phase

in which:

They habitually nag and threaten the flock

The flock collectively stops listening

The flock comes to accept the malaise as common and nothing to fight against

and eventually, even HEADQUARTERS throws up their hands and says "well, what can we do?".

and they begin to ----- silently -------quietly--------discreetly--------- give up!

Kinda sounds like a marriage right before the big "D", doesn't it?

Country Grrrrrl

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Let's think about this. Whose commandments are burdensome? Jehovah's or the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society? who tells us to attend all 5 meetings a week, preach 10 hours a month, pray for Bible studies, attend conventions and assemblies, prestudy every book and magazine, and do personal study in addition to daily Bible reading.

Good point.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    They want you to jump in a noob of the street and then wear them to death hoping before the person burns out they baptise someone and start the chain a new. This way the collective memory of JWs remains shallow and control remains tight. If tomarrow they woke up with 25 million JWs on their hands they would pull their hair out.

hmmm...I have had a strange thoughts like this before. Or, like now that the WT has built up all their equity in properties maybe they are thinking it is about time they want to start doing a bit of financial liquidating and they can't have too many old timers around saying--what the hey is going on now?

It really seemed to me when I left that they were chasing new ones away. I saw very few new ones come in unless they were really mentally out of it or were born into it and those i could count on one hand. There were very few--can't remember any new ones now who came in while I was in the last congo I was in. There were very few bible studies. One guy who came to a meetings here and there later confided in another sister that he was very uncomfortable at the hall. The last meeting I saw him attend and one of my last meetings too the elder on stage was reading something out of one of the new books and starting saying some downright rude and insulting things about worldly people and the bible study jumped up out of his seat and ran to the back of the hall. I noticed he had a horrified expression on his face. It made me realize how much I did not want to be there either and how much I did not want to drag anybody else in there and also how narrow and unappealing it had all become to those inside and outside the congo. My conclusion is that I think they are chasing people away before they even get baptized. Maybe they think they are closing the ark now or something like that--I had heard something along those lines mentioned before about a time coming when the doors would be closed. Whatever it is I think we can be assured of one thing--it is weird.

cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit