Favourite show - Les Mis

by Simon 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

... and 13 years later we just saw it again in Calgary!

Still brilliant and moving :)

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am so jealous. It is my favourite musical too.

I have both anniversary DVDs and the BBC adaptation and the musical score is in my cd changer in my car.

The opening scenes of the film version with Russell Crowe were filmed here in Portsmouth.

• smiddy
    smiddy

We have seen the stage show a couple of times in brisbane and melbourne , the same for The phantom of the Opera my two favourite shows.

You cant beat live shows

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Edit to add. Les Mis.in Concert the 25th Anniversary on DVD is an exception. Brilliant.

smiddy

• Terry
    Terry

I just finished reading a biograpy of Victor Hugo and all I can say is WOW, what a man.

Extremely interesting person and the times in which he lived were fascinating.

When Les Mis was published its popularity spread throughout the world quite rapidly.

It speaks directly to the core of what makes us human, fallible and noble as a species.

• mouthy
    mouthy

The best I have seen is Micheal Crawford in THE PHATOM OF THE OPERA in London Palladium GREAT SHOW

Wonderful actor

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Saw it once in London several years back. It is probably my favorite stage production also, Les Mis that is.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Didnt you think Susan Boyle did a good showing on Britians got Talent singing the song from Les MIS?

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

The first time I saw Les Miz was at the Imperial Theater in New York on July 26, 1996 and it was starring (and I'm quoting from my friend) "that sad little soap oprea star from Menudeo".

He was talking about Ricky Martin. LOL.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I love it also.

The first time I saw it was a long time ago, maybe 20 years. My friend had gone to the theater to buy tics and literally got front row center. It was the first and last time I ever had such good seats. Aside from it being such a moving play, being so close probably seared it into my brain. Pretty wow.

"Let him Live" reduces me to a puddle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit