Persecution of JW's Imminent?

by blacksheep 23 Replies latest jw friends

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

You know what? The Klan gets persecuted, the world in general hates them. By JW logic, they must have the truth!!! Satan is throwing everything he can against them!!

No Apologies

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Great points everyone. Sorry, can remember who posted it, but you're absolutely RIGHT about JWs thinking they are the center of world, and everyone is persecuting them. It's further signs of their "unique" status in human history.

I remember years back (before the internet and these great forums), my JW mom talking to me about some Canadian case involving JW's and blood transfusions. I was disassociated at the time, and my mom just obviously assumed I had heard about it. I really got the sense that she felt the rest of the world was following/watching JWs and hoping for their demise. That was a moment of truth: the world DOESN'T center around JWs, although they want to pretend that it does.

I also think people who sugggested that they want to be known as "the persecuted" are right on. Obviously, no one else in human history has been persecuted as they have been. Again, formula for a good therapist...

This board amazes me. Wish it would have been around years ago.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Blondie,

I was partially quoting you from an earlier post and sharing a similar experience I had with that mentality. i.e. I totally agree with you

• Gadget
    Gadget
    I think the Society has definitely used the idea of persecution as a way of reaffirming that they are a select group. The idea they are especially targeted confirms the belief that Satan is out to get them. A common retort I often hear is "Why is it that, for one reason or another, everyone hates JWs??

"Why is it that, for one reason or another, everybody hates Al Quida"? They sure are getting persecuted at the minute..............

Its a real strong arguement the jws are using there.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit