I wrote a letter of complaint about a Witness....

by Dolllie 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nowisee
    nowisee

galaxy7:

of course segregation is unscriptural. but the wts was not calling for it and they were not happy about having to do it. but you have to remember that it was during the '50's in the south. segregation of all types was mandated by law, whether it was where people ate, what fountain they drank out of, or where they sat on the bus. i am sure that this was done not by choice, but in order to be able to assemble at all without violent repurcussions and risking everyone's safety.

you must be too young to remember the violence of the civil rights demonstrations and marches of the 60's but they were horrific and i am sure the purpose of the assemblies was to be able to meet peacefully rather than invite trouble. if they had broken the law at that time and integrated it only would have resulted in intolerance, totally counterproductive to their goals.

best wishes, nowisee

• codeblue
    codeblue

Dollie: Welcome to the board.

I am so sorry you had such ugly treatment by someone who claims to have the true religion. There is NO excuse for her behavior.

Codeblue

• Dolllie
    Dolllie

Actually, I do remember the 1960's & "segregation". I lived through that period. That was mostly in the south. I am from a suburb of New York. The town she lives in, although in Connecticut, is only an hour or so away. I doubt if they ever had "segregation" here.

You can go everywhere else in town that you want to go, EXCEPT The Kingdom Hall. No"minorities" are welcome there. (according to this woman)

The elders have to be aware of this. They see no Blacks (or other minorities) in the congegation, but there are Blacks, etc. in the town & surronding area. Do they just "assume" none of them are Witnessess?

I wonder what the "Circut Overseer" thinks, when he see's no minorities in the congregation?

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I'm sure there are plenty of people from around Connecticut here. Just let them know the congregation and they can go in and quietly check out the mood and attitude and report back here what they found.

I never saw much racism among the JWs in 10 different congregations over 30 years. A little bit at Bethel, but even that was better than most corporations/factories.

gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit