I wrote a letter of complaint about a Witness....

by Dolllie 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dolllie
    Dolllie

and sent it to the Watchtower Society. I wonder what they are going to do, if anything?

The Witness was/is a "racist". I was told by her that I could not go to the local Kingdom Hall, or have a copy of the Watchtower or Awake because I was Black. And that the Bible was not for Blacks because they were too dumb to understand it.

I am not a Witness, but had family members who were ones. I "often" do read the Watchtower and Awake articles, and have go to the Kingdom Hall (in other areas) with friends and relatives.

This is the first time I have had this experience. You usally can't stop them from bringing you "more and more" Watchtowers and Awakes once you have taken one they have offered you.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

First of all, welcome aboard! Second, sorry to hear about the JW who was being a prick because of your physical appearance. I'm not sure what the WTS will do about it, but you might be waiting a while for your answer (if you get one).

• kls
    kls

Welcome Dollie,,,, Yes there are some raceist jws as far as the governing body doing anything about her actions,,,,i dought anything will happen, when it comes down to it they don't really care. Let me say i am sorry for her words and actions.

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

Welcome Dollie, I am so sorry that you had to deal with such an awful person! But we're glad you are here. Let us know if you hear back from the Watchtower Society.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi Dollie and welcome to the forum. Please let us know if you hear anything from the Watchtower. I don't know if they will do anything but they should since Jehovah's Witnesses are representing their organization and making them look bad. Her comments were very rude and ignorant.

Devon

• nowisee
    nowisee

your experience sounds totally bizarre to me, and though i have been away from the wts for many years, to my knowledge this would not have been at all typical of jws. all of the congregations i knew of or was associated with were happily integrated, with blacks welcomed and equally considered for positions of responsibility.

i remember attending an assembly in miami as a kid, before the civil rights era, and by law the stadium had to be segregated. my father was an attendant and openly wept at having to separate people. it made an impression on me.

anyway, i am not sure where you are; i don't know if racism persists in certain areas. if it does it is not right and i am sorry for this negative experience.

i hope you found out the identity of the guilty party as this should be stopped, no matter where it occurs.

welcome to the forum.

best wishes, nowisee

• Ailla
    Ailla
    and sent it to the Watchtower Society. I wonder what they are going to do, if anything?

The Witness was/is a "racist". I was told by her that I could not go to the local Kingdom Hall, or have a copy of the Watchtower or Awake because I was Black. And that the Bible was not for Blacks because they were too dumb to understand it.

I am not a Witness, but had family members who were ones. I "often" do read the Watchtower and Awake articles, and have go to the Kingdom Hall (in other areas) with friends and relatives.

This is the first time I have had this experience. You usally can't stop them from bringing you "more and more" Watchtowers and Awakes once you have taken one they have offered you.

Sorry, that happened to you, it must hurt to be treated that way. Is it possible that this person is mentally ill or has a brain tumor? I know someone raised as JW that never even became one. Then when she got a brain tumor she started going around to her neighbors knocking on doors, offering the WT and Awake magazines (she was in her night gown).

Although, there is prejudice no matter where we go in life, those comments are not consistent with a typical JW. The one thing I?d have to say about the JWs as a whole is that, at least intellectually, they mostly are not racists.

• Joker10
    Joker10

What do you mean by "i have to go"? How old are you?

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Dollie,

You wrote:

_______________________________________________________________________________________ My response is: What you have said is possible, but hard to believe! Any evidence?
  • JWs Suck
    JWs Suck

"The Witness was/is a "racist". I was told by her that I could not go to the local Kingdom Hall, or have a copy of the Watchtower or Awake because I was Black. And that the Bible was not for Blacks because they were too dumb to understand it."

It's not "racist", it's racist, no doubt about it. It seems the elders are not doing squat about it, and is also evident members are condoning it in some way to let it get that far, if in fact what you say is true. As much as I do not like the organization , I have never seen outright racism.

If it bothers you that much , sue them. I would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit