Anti-gravity devices mentioned in Golden AGE

by badboy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

It seems that at one point that anti-gravity devices were mentioned in the Golden Age.

Talked about people having Positive/Negative gravity.

Anyone shed any light on this subject!

• blondie
    blondie

Badboy, what is your source?

30 Years a WT Slave by William Schnell?

You must have read something or talked to someone. How much research do you put into this?

Blondie

• badboy
    badboy

This was on the Google forum group on JWS.

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Yea, I've heard of the same thing. I believe it was a response to how one could never die in the new system even if they fell off a cliff or something.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Badboy,

I gotta agree with Blondie, it's a great opportunity for you to do some research and let us know. How about it, eh?

Ozzie

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi Badboy,

As you do the research that Blondie and Ozzie mention, keep in mind Watchtower slight-of-hand articles ... that is ... they are able to technically tell the truth, but mislead at the same time ... in full Bill Clinton style. A good example may be that they were not really talking about some device like we saw in the movie Back to the Future where Marty McFly floated around on an anti-gravity skate-board ... but rather the Society may be alluding to much simpler devices such as helicopters and airplanes ... which technically are a form of anti-gravity devices.

• badboy
    badboy

I don't seemed to be able to find it,Ozziepost.

HELP! HELP!

• VM44
    VM44

Hi badboy,

The quote you are looking for may be found in "The List." Here it is. --VM44

"Many have wondered how accidents would be avoided during Christ's kingdom, since we are told that nothing shall then hurt or destroy. Most accidents are due to gravitation and its effects. Falling from airplanes... etc., may be avoided by an individual negative gravity device.

"Scientists tell us that there is enough atomic energy in a finger-nail to propel a battleship. The people of the future may carry a little of this energy around with them, and if they fall down an elevator shaft they can let themselves down easy. Then they can turn a little more on and go back up. ... No danger of falling down stairs then." - Golden Age, March 24, 1926, p. 404.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LMAO... they have stopped teaching crap like that... now they teach a new kind of crap:

"Jehover would not allow a person to fall off a cliff... he would intervene before that could happen."

or

"Humans will be perfect and will be able to avoid such accidents"

I guess Adam and Eve were not quit "perfect" enough.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Then they can turn a little more on and go back up. ... No danger of falling down stairs then.

LOL!!!! How incredibly asinine! Gee, I have a split second from when I start to slip and when I'm headed face-first down a staircase. Is that enough time to activate my anti-gravity fingernail?

And why in the world are they comparing the atomic energy contained in your fingernail to anti-gravity? Do they expect people "of the future" to initiate an atomic explosion to keep from falling?

Too funny...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit