Criticism of Bush from ME

by Yerusalyim 26 Replies latest social current

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

They didn't have much food, water, electricity under Saddam. The money from "oil for food" was being channeled directly to Saddam. and half the country was impoverished. The US is being criticized by iraqis because they are not providing ENOUGH security, not too much of it.

I think Bush's domestic agenda has been an effort to placate the left and win him some moderate votes. In my opinion its a complete mistake because not only are they stupid programs, but there is no placating the left and you are going to win the moderate vote by manning the country through good economic times. The economy seems to be rolling and I think thats good enough for the swing vote.

Still, when it comes to national security, Kerry's whole attitude scares the living crap out of me.

• Badger
    Badger

The Kerry medal situation is just a bogus issue. "He wasn't wounded ENOUGH to get a purple heart...Did he throw ribbons or medals away?"

For God's sake...he served his country and got banged up for it...he did it well enough to earn several citations. And if that's STILL not good enough, those voices will NEVER be satisfied.

As for Bush, I won't quibble in favor of the AWOL accusations...those haven't been proven either (and burden of proof is on the accuser, not the other way around), but he did get preferential treatment to get on the Nat'l Guard. To badmouth Kerry for not leaving enough blood in Nam or bringing too many opinions back and THEN defend Bush for whether or not he actually showed up is the definition of chutzpah.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    To badmouth Kerry for not leaving enough blood in Nam or bringing too many opinions back and THEN defend Bush for whether or not he actually showed up is the definition of chutzpah.

I haven't said a word about how Kerry got the medals...some he earned...some he got just for being there...that's the way of the military...and my 17 medals I wear...my criticism is what he did AFTER the war...THAT is the issue for me personally...tied into that...he said before congress that he committed and witnessed attrocities daily...yet did nothing to stop it? That's the guy we should have for the Commander in Chief? Oh, and let's not forget...he's a liberal.

• Badger
    Badger
    I haven't said a word about how Kerry got the medals

I didn't say you did...I'm talking about the other pundits....

he's a liberal

That's actually a very valid reason not to vote for someone...More policy debates, less "Monica-Dyes his hair-Internet Invention-National Guard- Potatoe-Medals" I say.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

For God's sake...he served his country and got banged up for it...he did it well enough to earn several citations. And if that's STILL not good enough, those voices will NEVER be satisfied.

Actually, it's KERRY himself who's attempting to get the most mileage from his Nam experience. He exploits it every chance he gets; he tries to counter people who question his VOTING record and actual opposition to the Vietnam war by the really mature "You weren't there man!" In other words, they didn't serve like he did, so that must count for LOTS. And they have no right to question his voting record on national security.

People ARE concerned during these times about how the commander in chief will protect US citizens. Just because Kerry served in Nam and later was anti-war and threw his and others' medals (or ribbons...) away, has NO bearing on his ability to lead a nation through a conflict such as we are experiencing.

Personally, I think the whole "who served longer/better" than whom else is ridiculous. Kerry's just trying to leverage his Nam "heroism" for votes, and people are seeing through it.

• Badger
    Badger

That's true too...

Q: How many Vietnam Veterans does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: "You don't know! You weren't there!"

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Badger,

That was actually funny...in a way. Though I wish our Vietnam Vets weren't treated so harshly and thought of so bad. Most did NOT do drugs...most did NOT commit any type of attrocity...most HAVE made a good transition into the world...most were Volunteers....they have a better employment rate and are more succesful than their peers that did NOT serve...go figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit