What is G-JOBBING for Bethelites?????????

by JT 79 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

max says:

JT, I had an interesting call today in which I asked about G-jobbing at the Bible House. I was given quite an up-to-date tour, although asked not to be too specific.

########

man i tell you it never stops i see- i will never forget the day the housekeeper put "Harley Miller's" mail in our room by mistake

at the time i didn;t know what it was but now i do0
    he ahd at least "7" MONTHLY STATEMENTS from all kinds of investment firms - EF Hutton at the time, Bear Sterns, etc and now i fully know why

i wondered how you afforded that BMW parked down in the 25 building that the young guys used to wash

smile

james

• felix a
    felix a

JT,

I think you sent me on a rant once before about our boy Jim Spencer and his G-Jobbing ways... From my friends who've been scammed by the man and the stories they tell he is hard pressed to be a live at all.

I agree that G-Jobbing is a high art form to an acomplished few with connections. While at the house I wasn't all that good at getting any of that outside work or those helpful donations. But I do know that I helped out a few folks from the paint & wallpaper crew after I left.

Had one set of bro's putting up some suede wallpaper in a NYC bar/restaurant that catered to a strictly gay clientel. If I remember right the two bro's made about $300 - 400 each for the day. Not bad pay for 1986.

See Ya,

David P

• JT
    JT

had enough

I mean I thought that devoted spiritual-minded brothers go there and have the "volunteer spirit" and are devoted to furthering God's work. Yet it seems so many even in the upper-eschelon are involved in this stuff to the point of going to great lengths to hide their activities from "spying, prying eyes". So obviously if the "powers that be" have to spy to find things out, it is considered wrong...and yet so many do it anyway and hiding it so they "know" its considered wrong.

######

i agree out of the 6000 guys between the Farm and brooklyn it could not have been more than a few hundred who had access to the tools or skills who actually did these things but i know so many guys in "Cleaning" who would ask could they be in on the deal and unless it was your roomate most the times they were not included

since they could not return the favor

so even though i was not in the Tile dept i would get asked to go since the plumbing guys worked so closely with the tile guys to as well as the rest of the trades. paintshop - wall paper shop etc

so it was scratch my back i scratch yours mindset

james

• JT
    JT

Prisca

This is a fantastic thread!
    Just wanted to bring it back to the top again.

Thanks for your insights JT.

##########

no problem anytime- this is the type of stuff that more jw need to know about what is allowed to go on in the INSIDE

JAMES

• TR
    TR

Hey JT, and you other bethel heavies!

No wonder some of the bethel boys coming back from their tour of duty had nice cars and clothes!

Seriously, you guys need to write a book on these activities. This book would rank up there with Ray Franz' books. You could call it; "Vow Of Poverty"-secrets to money making at Brooklyn Bethel

Of course then there would be no incentive to go to bethel anymore.

TR

"Kults Suk"

• JT
    JT

felix

I think you sent me on a rant once before about our boy Jim Spencer and his G-Jobbing ways... From my friends who've been scammed by the man and the stories they tell he is hard pressed to be a live at all.

#############

yes i recall you telling me that he was hatted by alot of folks that got shafted by him

is he still up in bethel

james

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi BJ-

I had that conversation with Harold in 1988.

Jeff S.

• Maximus
    Maximus

::man i tell you it never stops i see- i will never forget the day the housekeeper put "Harley Miller's" mail in our room by mistake

::at the time i didn't know what it was but now i do--
    he had at least "7" MONTHLY STATEMENTS from all kinds of investment firms - EF Hutton at the time, Bear Sterns, etc and now i fully know why

If you are one of the circuit overseers who reads this, or at Bethel, you will need no identifier for the name. For those of you whose chime doesn't ring:

COs and DOs trembled in fear at this name, whose desk symbol was S. Powerful head of the Service Department, who could send you to Podunkville in a minute; your life was in his hands.

Knorr used him, savaged him. I remember him trembling after leaving Knorr's office, although putting on a good front that appeared unflappable.

For all intents and purposes, he WAS the Society in the U.S. The boss of all bosses in the office and the field. Controlled the rubber Watchtower Society stamp on mail. Yet he too was arguably a victim. So what do you do when you and your wife are getting older? You prepare. And so he did. And that's why others do it even today. What pisses me is the hypocrisy.

Was called on the carpet by Ray Franz for influence peddling. Yep.

Became a powerful enemy of Ray's and worked behind the scenes with those who wanted to topple him from the GB.

I'm in the state now where I'm deeply saddened over people who were used, not angry at people who knew better but could do nothing. Those who COULD so something were generally dyed-in-the-wool crazies like Ted Jaracz. I think the only one on the governing body today who his still a sweet guy is Jack Barr. And he is completely clueless.

JT, did the housekeeper get a spirit-directed change of assignment to Kenya the next day?

smile
    (I love that!)
    Maximus

• JT
    JT

Harold is a nice man and very sincere but he is wholly devoted to "mother

######

he was one of the most humble men i met while at bethel - he was an UP and coming Heavy when i was there when i was in the bindery

i neee some help on this one- who was the guy who was harold overseer while he was in the bindery it was a white bro with "Rocky road" skin on his face

this dude i hated he had this attitude that was unreal

he later moved from the bindery office to the top floor of the 117 Adams up in purchasing i think-

i worked under a black bro who had a roomate that pioneered with him when they were younger John Foster nice looking brother had hair like and Indian and the sisters loved him, but he was afraid he might have to leave bethel- his roomate was one of the bethel Clowns

Willy Walker- this black bro was an insult to every black bro i know

guys like Ralph walls and leon weaver AL HARRELL , bob rains hated this FOOL- he acted like AMOS AND ANDY

i recall being at his table one day a newboy- he was a "tableFOOT" and i asked him what did he do at bethel and he told me he:

"Worked in connection with Convention Office"

so i said to myself good to see a black man moving up and doing well in the org-

CAUSE I knew another bro who worked in convention office and his job was COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

MY MAN SAMPLED food and drinks for the DC he always had sodas in his room

he also dealt with local convention org bro

he told us of how one local bro just went off

he had to call a local bro from bethel and the phone rung and the bro wife answered the phone so he told the sister he was calling from bethel and she says hubby is cutting grass and she would get him

so he is on hold for a few minutes and the bro runs to the phone out of breath and proceeds to apologize to the bro for keeping him on hold and running up the Society phone bill and would he like for him to call him back and reverse the charges and this bro just went on and on about how sorry he was for keeping the SOCIETY ON HOLD-

SO WHEN He hung up the phone he said just how amazing it was that this dear bro perhaps 50-60yrs old 30-40 yr jw and a local heavy in his local area just went off not knowing that he was talking to a young 22yr old MS, but all he knew was a Rep of the SLAVE was on his phone- smile

you got to love it

the mere sight of WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY runs chills down the back of the avg local elder

so back to Willy Walker story

i was down the hill at the 25 building and who did i see it was willy

he worked in shipping and packing and what was he packing

THOSE DAMN "KEEP MOVING" signs and "TAKE YOUR SEAT" SIGNS

so this is how he was working "IN CONNECTION" with convention office

at that point i knew he was a Damn fool- it is so sad to see how the wt reduces men to mere dirt and for the poor sisters they are less than dirt

james

• JT
    JT

TR says

Seriously, you guys need to write a book on these activities. This book would rank up there with Ray Franz' books. You could call it; "Vow Of Poverty"-secrets to money making at Brooklyn Bethel

Of course then there would be no incentive to go to bethel anymore.

@@@@@@@@@@

it is funny you say that cause my wife tells me all the time i should
    put it all down on paper and put into bookform

i got to think about that one, but she feels the same way as you do

james

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit