Where did they get their brainwashing tecniques?

by cyber-sista 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

As others mentioned, there are a number of books on this subject... It is very well researched and by the turn of the 20th century many, many organizations where putting these techniques into practice... On a simpler level, even Tony Robbins practices a number of the techniques spelt out in the research.

Another social (and sometimes socially accepted) form of these techniques is called seduction. Reading the book "The Art of Seduction" was very enlightening with regards to how another individual (or organization) can form "emotional" bonds by pacing your needs; spinning subtle webs of deception; "Retractions" and subtly worded statements ("conscious" Freudian slips); and a whole host of planned spontaneity (sp?)... then, after they have an emotional tie (trust), they begin leading you... unless the trust is severly broken, you can lead virtually anywhere...

Did you ever read one thing in the Watchtower, and think it said one thing but then heard it explained slightly different, either by an elder or even 2 paragraphs later ? That type of stuff plays havoc on the mind -- and I believe possibly more so with "intelligent" minds that like to rationalize and understand... It hurts to not understand... so, you begin to adjust your view of life so that it all makes sense....

I am rambling tonight... but I don't really wonder too much about this anymore... It has been developed throughout the years by the elitist of the elite; such as Cleopatra and Don Juan types... they were just people that appeared to be saviors to those that followed... and follow to death they would... Recent history has begun documenting these lives and why they had the affect on others that they had... and even the US government has been testing and researching these theories for years... MK-Ultra and Phoenix are scary to read about. Reading this literature helped put my childhood into a different perspective...

If I walk into the middle of the street and get hit by a car, it's my fault... I'm to blame... but the car had to exist for the event to occur. However, in the same vein, if the same thing happened to a child, you can blame the child all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that someone much older, wiser and supposedly caring, trusting, and nourishing failed THEIR responsibilities by either allowing the event to occur or failing to show unconditional love, which includes teaching for the sake of the child not the for the sake of the parent...

wow... Im on a roll... gnite all.

One Ugly Time ... make that Nine Ugly Times...

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

I agree with Lady Lee

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I think it is deliberate. It's a corporation that takes in a billion a year and has over 200 billion in assets. From what I've seen a lot of corporations use similar tactics of discouraging questions, loyalty demands, overwork demands. JWs just have to take it a lot further because their "employees" work for free, and don't get stock or pensions or benefits (unless you count the New World, which of course, they do). Who would work under those conditions if they weren't in a total trance? The only reason, in my opinion, that we even question that it's intentional is because they call themselves a spiritual organisation. It's hard to believe the level of hypocrisy and cynicism that must be there at the top if it's deliberate. But look at scientology. In the 50s L. Ron Hubbard actually wrote a book about a man who started a religion to make lots of money, then Hubbard went off and started scientology and made LOTS OF MONEY. The cynicism is right there for everyone to see, and people STILL become scientologists.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

• A car salesman told someone bogus things about a car
    • The person bought the car
    • It wasn't the car that it was said to be in the least
    • People didn't think much of it because that's how a lot of "salesmen" are
    • Poor person was hurt by lie

Fact is

1. people often give the benefit of the doubt
    2. jws lie by using the hint/sound of truth (as the evil one always does)

Result = unprepared p eople are caught out by lies

• Purza
    Purza

My boyfriend recently told me I had been brainwashed. I think he said that because there are certain things that I am still paranoid about. I am certain it was a brainwashing, but more like I was "easily guided". My boyfriend also stated (in his humble opinion) that they can only brainwash people who are sheep -- and I think he meant people who need to follow in order to have a direction.

So I would guess that we were once easy targets for the JW organization to mold us into whatever they wanted. It amazing how things seem a lot clearer once you get out of the monotonous routine of weekly meetings, etc.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit