Family Sercrets VIDEO HERE

by zev 76 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Good luck Donald, or should I say 'break a leg'!

• blondie
    blondie

Donald, I'm thinking about you. You'll do great! Here's a hug (((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))).

Let us know what happens.

Hmmmm, Tobey would be good.

Blondie

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thanks guys...got home from New York late last night! What a weekend and event..here's some letters I rec'd and my response:

Donald, thank you for your
    movie and want to share with you now what an amazing and wonderful film it
    is. The integrity and wit with which you depicted your story is beautiful.
    T
    Hi donald, I saw you speak and your short film at the ARIA event this weekend in NYC and it was just wonderful! I'm a fellow survivor and am inspired by you- can't wait to read the book! - s

Well, I went to the benifit in NY, yesterday for ARIA at which Donald DeHeane spoke, and I must say I thank him for doing so, the courage he showed by standing up on that stage and recounting some of his story was a great site. I could tell how much he was struggling with his emotions when the ending brought him to tears.

Donald, you continue to speak out for the benifit of others even when it is hard for you and for that I thank you.

To be honest the benifit was a lot better than I thought it would be, I thought I would have been bored out of my mine, the only reason I went was to hear Donald speak but it turned out to be a good night. They even had a comic who was great.

Thank you Donald, it was a pleasure to be in your presence even if I did not meet you.

J, thank you so much for your kind words...just got back from New York (flew back to Detroit, drove from detroit to London, Canada)
    Gee, I wish I could have met you! I purposely made myself visable in the lobby hoping those who thought they might make it to the event might introduce themselves. You see, you who were there know what I look like, but you are all invisable to me...that is a good thing for those who want to remain annonymous and god, don't we know that is most male victims (something I talked about in my speech!)
    I'm so glad you made the effort to come out J and thank you too for your kind words. I thought the event was amazing-as you say, way better than I had hoped for. The comic was excellent.
    This event just underscored once again something for me...Here little old me from Hobokin Canada goes all the way to New York to put a male face to male sexual abuse. On the plane back I thought about it, and I was the only male who IDENTIFIED himself as a male victim in the show...yes, there were actors portraying male victims and there were many females who openly talked about their experiences (in many different art forms) but we males have to bond publicly in order to help the silent legions out there.
    But I do know there were many male survivors in the audience. I discussed with the organizers ways to reach out to even more survivors at next year's event. One thing we want to do is sponsor tickets for survivors who cannot afford to attend. This way those who need the support the most will benefit no matter what their financial circumstances.
    I'm writing a play version of my story with a co-writer and ARIA will be acting out a portion of the play next year.
    Anyone interested in volunteering time/talent/whatever-you name it, contact Gina Kim at [email protected]
    For more information, visit www.ariany.org

• blondie
    blondie

Great, Donald!

The important thing is to speak out. I have been wearing my Silentlambs pin every day. Besides the waitress last week, 2 people have asked at work. I can see that it makes them uncomfortable to hear me speak it out loud, "child sexual abuse," again "child sexual abuse." It seems that it is easier to talk about breast cancer, women's issues, and even AIDS because these are seen safer adult issues. Thanks for being willing to speak out Donald, and not "just put it behind you" as some people mistakenly recommend.

A priest in our area was recently sentenced to prison for this abuse of young Catholic men/boys under his supervision. There can be justice.

Blondie

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Mouthy, tell "Laurie" yes, believe in God, but I get a "busy signal"

and Blondie, thanks for your support and your active work! There is strength in numbers!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Ps. thanks Big Tex

By the way, things are progressing with my latest development..'course, you guys will be the first to know if things pan out!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Hi Blondie

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated! I think you are 5'5" something incredible! Love to hear your feedback when you are finished as well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit