Why Hasnt America Been Attacked Again??

by ApagaLaLuz 36 Replies latest social current

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

What is your opinion of this? The US recently released a report stating that airport screeners are not doing their jobs correctly, and outlined which airports were the weakest.

Do think the reason we have not had any new terrorist attacks since 2001 is because the Government has beefed up Homeland Security? Or do you think it has something to do with the much publicized scrutiny of Bush, and the many protests by American's against the way the government has reacted to the "war on terrorism?" Do you think that the lack of support for Bush by Americans has influenced would-be attackers to not follow through?

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I think the whole Homeland Security Act was a bulls***, smokescreen, feel-good measure that has served to do little more than inconvenience the average American. I think Ashcroft should have his scrotum stapled to a tree and that he should be flogged with bloated, dead aardvarks until he capitulates.

And I think the reason that the U.S. hasn't been hit with another success, public attack is that we've been lucky. It's not like the new security measures or the crackerjack government employees are worth the hassle & the expense.

But ... that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Gimme back my freedom and my tax dollars.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

God told me that so long as I keep my eyes crossed America will be safe.

So far... so good.

• dh
    dh

because it'll happen when you don't expect it, like last time.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Radical Islamists think in terms of hundreds of years. They will wait, wait, wait, and wait some more, until the perfect plan is ready, and if one little thing goes wrong, they will call off the whole thing, and wait 3 or 5 or however many more years and try again. They're that patient.

The upcoming democratic convention has a lot of security/intelligence people sweating bullets.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Because our current president DID something when we were attacked on 9/11 unlike past presidents who decided to take them to court!

• logical
    logical

Its not just America tho is it... its the entire Western world they hate. Spain was attacked.... there is likely to be more attacks on different nations.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I think that the terrorists want to wait to try to catch us "Off Guard". Right now they know that we are alert to the threat, and it would be more difficult for them to try anything large-scale. I think they will try the "Thief in the night" approach, when we least expect it.

• Simon
    Simon

Because maybe all the massive threats that you were led to believe didn't really exist. Saddam was not about to attack the US and AlQuida were a small group with limited capability who could only do what they did on Sep 11 because of lax security and complacency and (suspicious) failures in the whole defense system.

I think that's changed though now with Al Quida probably finding it much easier to recruit people and even moderate arabs using the word "hate" and "America" in the same sentance.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Always in defense of the killers and terrorists, aye Simon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit