Why Hasnt America Been Attacked Again??

by ApagaLaLuz 36 Replies latest social current

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

... don't panic, another attack will be coming soon!!

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

The US hasn't been attacked because Al Quada has been disrupted, some are dead, some are in custody, some are running, the money is not flowing freely and they don't have open government protection in any country.

yeru trying to reason with someone like realist is a complete waste of time, black will allways be white for these guys because they don't care about facts, only the anti-US agenda.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Or do you think it has something to do with the much publicized scrutiny of Bush, and the many protests by American's against the way the government has reacted to the "war on terrorism?" Do you think that the lack of support for Bush by Americans has influenced would-be attackers to not follow through?

Pretty incoherent reationale here. Why in the world would you tink that "lack of support for Bush" by Americans would influence would be attackers not to follow through??????

Beyond that, I think that the US has been burned by 9/11. We won't be burned easily again. The Patriot Act has helped immensely to curb terrorism in the US. This administration has done far, far more than any prior admins to thwart terrorisim.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Think of the attack in Spain. Some Arabs still have an axe to grind over the battle for Granada back in 1492......that mentality also applies here in the US. They could attack again at any point in the future, just not the near future.

Kindly explain how the US comes into Arabs' "axe to grind" over Granada in 1492. We were not even a nation then. What "axe to grind" against US are you sepaking of?

• dh
    dh
    The US hasn't been attacked because Al Quada has been disrupted, some are dead, some are in custody, some are running, the money is not flowing freely and they don't have open government protection in any country.

i really think none if this makes much difference in the big picture because al qaida don't have any control over anyone but their much hyped celebrity selves, and let's face it, on a % scale of people who have intentions and capability of harming the us, al qaida is probably not even a 50% shareholder, and also as someone else said earlier, patience is a virtue that these guys have no lack of, every group will see september 2001 as a victory so they won't mind waiting 'as long as it takes' to 'get the job done'.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

With regard to security--all I can say is my 3.5 year old son had to be frisked at the airport because he kept setting off the security alarm! That would not have happened a few years ago. I've traveled nationally and internationally both before and after 9/11. There's a big difference.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

You are so right blacksheep. Security in the US was amazingly lax before 9/11, it was nothing compared to most other countries I've traveled in. Building security is still pretty bad most places. I was in a government office last week and just walked right through the entry, try that in Egypt, or China, or the UK for that matter.

Mulan you shouldn't be on the list permanently. I hit the jack-pot once and was strip searched in three different air ports but it hasn't happened since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit