Need Motivation

by copsec 22 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Ummmmmm... 1 and a half to 2 miles a day, 50 sit ups etc. is not much? Then I am screwed. I was proud this morning to have gotten to 1.25 miles!

My motivation is much the same as Xena's. Except, I don't want to look like Valis the hippy when I get to Dallas. I know I will not be Brad Pitt, but at least I wont be arm-pit either. lol

FMZ

• Maverick
    Maverick

I work in construction but I still don't want to get a gut. I do push-ups and stomach crunches every day. My favorite workout is marathon sex, one to two and a half hours, four times a week. That definitely keeps the heart pumping! Maverick

• copsec
    copsec

WOW, thanks everyone for the suggestions. Maverickl, I especially like YOURS! Unfortunately, the hubby doesn't have enough energy

Oh well, guess I'll keep on walkin and I'll go look at that website Double Edge recommends

• copsec
    copsec

I LOVE the web-site Double Edge recommended and plan to research on there more than I have had a chance tonight. I did my walking, lifting, sit-up routine again tonight and feel great! Sorry, if anyone is bored reading this but when I do it and then post it I feel even better and it gives me more encouragement. Make sense?

• Mulan
    Mulan
    what kind of exercises does everyone else here enjoy? Has anyone found a great exercise they would like to share and so on.

The word is "enjoy". I hate it all, but do it because I feel better for it after. I have had a 3 week break due to moving my Dad and a trip we took, but back to the gym tomorrow. I work with a trainer, doing weights and some exercises to build strength. I also do the treadmill about 20 minutes a day (4-5 days a week) and yoga when I can fit it in.

Yoga is great. If you don't go to a gym, get a tape. The positions aren't all easy to do, and it is a workout, much more than I thought before I started doing it.

• copsec
    copsec

Mulan,

I have wondered about yoga but it looks like you have to be a contortionist to do it!!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am definitely not a contortionist. I am 58 and do pretty well at it. There are some advanced things that you just don't do..............yet.

• copsec
    copsec

Mulan,

LOL! Well, I guess I could start out slowly and give it a try. Always open to suggestions. Thanks!

• copsec
    copsec

FMX,

1.25 miles is great! I could only do one a day when I started out. besides, if your pic is any indication, you are in fine shape anyway!

• Gadget
    Gadget
    that and taking all my clothes off and jumping up and down in front of a mirror

you need an independant oppinion on that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit