The problem with a fair few of you lot is this ....

by Celtic 19 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I agree, Celtic! This is the time of year in the Dallas, Texas area where our wildflowers are bursting out, and my drive to work is less tedious in the morning because of them. Red poppies, bluebonnets, Indian paintbrushes and firewheels, pink and purple and yellow all by the side of the road where the highway people planted them. I put on the classical music station and just enjoy. Kind of makes staying in second gear for 10 miles a little easier!

When Jennie was barely two, I took her to an area in Richardson where the wildflowers are profuse, and got some beautiful photos of her standing among them, her little curls whipping around her face. So when Jackson was that age, I did the same thing. That was when I found out he's allergic to most of it, so instead of a charming photo of my beautiful son, each successive photo showed him getting more and more splotchy, with a pained expression on his face that finally gave way to tears as he scratched uncontrollably. Oops . . . .

Life isn't easy. There's good stuff and bad stuff and it's our choice as to which we focus on. I choose to focus on good things and accept the bad as part of the rich tapestry of my life, the threads that make me who I am. I grieve, but I grow strong. I cry, and I find new friends. I took a stand against the Witnesses and I found . . . FREEDOM!!!

Nina

• Undecided
    Undecided

My buddy, who lives next door in my little rent house and I sit in my back yard swing and often say, life doesn't get any better than this. I even thank God(what ever it is) sometimes for the opportunity, I just feel so appreciative of being here.

My friend is forever saying he feels like he is in heaven up in that little house. He is sort of a recluse, but comes down here every day and we talk and have fun. We sometimes go up to McDonalds and talk to the guys there. He doesn't have any other friends here in town. His wife died and all his step children, and step grandchildren are in England. They call him sometimes.

Life is good right now.

Ken P.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Sometimes life is so good I think I'm dead and in a half-assed heaven.

CZAR

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here is my rant on the subject.

I avoid newspapers and search out eyes. I bumble my way on to hoarded subway seats. My plump bottom overspills it?s share of seat, as I breathe warm and fuzzy greetings in to my startled neighbour?s face. I politely inquire on their book or the weather, whatever might grudge a smile. ?This snow keeps up we will get to ski home. Who needs to buy lift tickets? Just step out the door.? I boldly offer to shake a young man?s hand. ?I bet you go to the same High School as my boy - down this block, is it? Is Mister Grady still the Gym Teacher?? Hiding behind a punk scrawl, I find the insecure boy yearning for a mother?s care. ?I played flute in the school band, too,? I comment to the slim dark boy clutching his scuffed case. We share a secret smile no one else notices. I roam the transit with impunity, a forgettable motherly figure in a sea of humanity.

I have encountered the midnight hiding in the soul of man. That chilling blackness kills, and it nearly swallowed me. I ran, ran, ran from that vicious hatred. Now I fight, fight, fight to take back the darkness.

I mean to bring my small town home.
    One person at a time.
    I am a Militant Happyist, and I push back the night.

• willy_think
    willy_think

Celtic, I couldn't agree more but as you know, it takes time.

Nechi (wrong spelling) said, "God is dead." spinning off the extaential (spelling) movement, which ultimately leads to the end game question, "why not just commit suicide?" and the answer that is so profound and simple when it settles into your hart, that it's hard not to rattle it off 7 different ways at once "because life is what you make it." but you need to live with that for a while: say it "life is what you make it", come to know the truth of it with more then just your intellect. If life is what you make of it, then: "The unexamined life is not worth living" because you are making nothing of it, and can't if you don't understand who you are now. So it seems to me that the idea is to live in lucidity examining your life and making changes were you find the need. Or "there is no fate that can not be surmounted by scorn."

"because life is what you make it"

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I complain about working 12 and 15 hour days....72 - 80 hour weeks...but it could be a LOT worse.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

jgnat, did you write that? I have chills.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    I avoid newspapers and search out eyes. I bumble my way on to hoarded subway seats. My plump bottom overspills it’s share of seat, as I breathe warm and fuzzy greetings in to my startled neighbour’s face. I politely inquire on their book or the weather, whatever might grudge a smile. “This snow keeps up we will get to ski home. Who needs to buy lift tickets? Just step out the door.” I boldly offer to shake a young man’s hand. “I bet you go to the same High School as my boy - down this block, is it? Is Mister Grady still the Gym Teacher?” Hiding behind a punk scrawl, I find the insecure boy yearning for a mother’s care. “I played flute in the school band, too,” I comment to the slim dark boy clutching his scuffed case. We share a secret smile no one else notices. I roam the transit with impunity, a forgettable motherly figure in a sea of humanity.

I have encountered the midnight hiding in the soul of man. That chilling blackness kills, and it nearly swallowed me. I ran, ran, ran from that vicious hatred. Now I fight, fight, fight to take back the darkness.

I mean to bring my small town home.
    One person at a time.
    I am a Militant Happyist, and I push back the night.

If you wrote that, dear UNforgettable motherly figure, you missed your calling . . . and I want you as my new mommy.

Best Regards,

Corvin

• Celtic
    Celtic

aye

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Sometimes life is so good I think I'm dead and in a half-assed heaven.

Czar, this is so good I want it for .sig stock. May I? Thanx in advance.

GentlyFeral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit