Dough Balls

by weasel 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

mmmm abondigas meat ball soup. I have a great recipe which I'm not sharing

okay for a JW related thread:

Which do most Elder's prefer: dough balls, or meat balls?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    To some of the ones at this board who posted back to me re: ?The Theory Of Relativity? a post made yesterday. It was a dough ball designed to attract carp.

Bad idea. Try posting about things you're interested in, or have knowledge about or would genuinely like more information about. Insulting our intelligence by posting "dough balls" won't make you very popular.

I wanted to find out the purpose of this board and the members thereof, who participate here.

Perhaps you should have tried reading a few posts first. Or just asking.

No one answered the question !I posed.

Several people did. Others expressed disappointment that your title was misleading and the subject was less interesting than they had hoped. If your title had better reflected your subject matter, perhaps you would have got a better hit rate.

Your derogatory comments only prove I was right in my assumptions.

I didn't see any derogatory comments in that thread. Even if there were some, what assumptions would they validate?

Throw the bait and the carp will come. Some of you by thinking and calling me stupid takes away from this forum.

I don't think anybody called you stupid, certainly not in the thread mentioned. You have a right to post what you like (subject to Simon's rules, and legal restrictions) but you don't have the right to be found interesting or intelligent.

We are here to help people, not to try to hurt or discredit them.

Here to help whom? The people who are here can be both helpers and helped. Nobody was mean to you, they just didn't find your post particularly engaging.

You dumb asses go to the Internet and find out about Einstein if that?s what you want to study, otherwise help the people here.

Now you're being insulting. What's more, you're a newbie insulting people who've been here for years. As well as being impolite, it's just not a good idea if you want to make friends and/or be respected here.

there is more non-JW stuff on this site than I think should be allowed.

Well, when you're the forum administrator your opinion will count for something. Until then, you could try only creating and responding to threads that interest you, find another board that better suits your needs or start your own.

Anyway, welcome to the board. If you like it, stay a while. If not, leave. If you think it can be improved, there's a suggestions section. But do a bit of background reading first.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    than I think should be allowed

Yep, that's a definite trigger phrase for a lot of us here, me included. Weasel, you are entitled to your opinion, but this is a board filled with a myriad of personalities. Many of us were hurt by the Witnesses and take great pleasure in the freedom we now have to speak about any subject, unless it is hurtful or obscene, without anyone saying it shouldn't be "allowed." Some days all I want to read is fluff, other days doctrine. All of that is found on this board. If you want to discuss serious issues, look for the serious threads, but don't belittle those who want to talk about something less serious.

Look on it as an ex-JW cocktail party, and gravitate toward the group that is talking about what you are interested in.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit