The Culting of Christianity

by blondie 42 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I'm not the enemy, logansrun.

Blondie

• logansrun
    logansrun

I'm not "hurting" from Christianity. But the fundamentalist dogmatism of that article was repugnant to my intelligence.

Christianity, at least that type of Christianity (Evangelicalism) is almost just as annoying and intellectually dishonest as the JWs. It's a cult too.

B.

• cameo
    cameo

LR,

So, you're saying Jesus was the head of a CULT?

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Well, my dear Blondie...I thought it was a great article. Sure...maybe it was somewhat biased...but an article on cults is probably mostly against cults. AND...I don't think most people who have been involved in the JW's for a period of time would deny that they are a cult.

Thanks for posting the article Blondie. I think the majority here will agree with me that they appreciate any information they can get concerning cults...especially when it refers to the Watchtower organization as a cult. Not that I'm biased in any way!

Cathy L.

• logansrun
    logansrun

cameo,

So, you're saying Jesus was the head of a CULT?

That's what I'm sayin'

tsk, tsk, tsk....

• gumby
    gumby
    Why are you so anti-Christian? Who hurt you so badly?

This question wasn't to me, but I'd like to say how I feel about it.

When we were dubs we were told we were bad if we didn't believe in Jehovah and his organisation and that we would die while those who believed would not.

When we left that attitude, we are told the same thing by many christians...."if you don't believe in Jesus and the bible, your bad and your going to die.

Well,,,,many of us simply cannot believe what we now believe to be false. Because some believe that way......we are told god we kill us.

Wouldn't that make you a little mad too.? It hurts.....and it's an insult.

Gumby

• cameo
    cameo

LR,

Do you believe in anything......besides yourself, that is?

• logansrun
    logansrun

In some ways "born-again" Christians are even worse than JWs in their repugnant worldview. At least the Dubs don't say you're going to burn in Hell forever (I mean, FOREVER!!). Sheesh.

B.

• cameo
    cameo

LR,

You didn't answer my question. Do you believe in anything? Do you believe there is a Supreme Being who created us?

• logansrun
    logansrun

cameo,

"Don't wait for the translation! Answer the question!"

Sorry, that movie line just came to me. Ahem...

Do you believe in anything?

Yes.

Do you believe there is a Supreme Being who created us?

No.

Satisfied?

B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit