I'm I the only one here that..................

by reganashe 32 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    The one thing that the society got right was that "religion is a snare and a racket."

Well, that and "invest in Brooklynn real estate", but I don't have to tell you that.

• exjdub
    exjdub

Reganashe,

Because I am new to the board I was wondering the same thing, so I am glad that you brought it up. I also have no interest in religion. My distrust of organized religion is complete since I left the WTBS. Anytime men want to "organize" something, regardless of the original motive, it gets corrupted and is used as a tool to control people. What intrigues me is that after 36 years of being in the Org I feel no desire to search for anything to replace what supposedly is missing. I say that without the slightest regret or sadness. I find that I am far more accepting of people and I enjoy them more. I enjoy my life far more than I ever have. I have not prayed since I left the Org and I have not opened a Bible since then either, not for any other reason than I just haven't felt the need or desire. I think that surprises me sometimes, but I don't have all of the answers...just a lot of questions...still.

Exjdub

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I was not only religion-phobic but completely atheist for 20 years after I escaped. Now I am a little more spiritual, but religion is till pretty much anathema to me, especially anything even remotely Christian. My whole family is still fundamentalist Christian of one type or another, so recently I finally bought my first bible in 30 years, thinking, I'm going to stop being so traumatised and intolerant and judgemental and try to come at this like a mature adult. They must be talking about something important, if everybody's shouting "thank you jesus" at the screening of the Passion, right? But I just couldn't get down with it. The first thing I see is Matthew saying that Jesus said he would separate father from son and brother from brother, etc. Now who does that sound like?

Taoism is nice. It has a little tiny holy book that basically advises to stay out of harm's way and leave people alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit