the "annointed" witnesses

by dustyb 27 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    The society will be forced to re-explain the whole concept of the anointed when the governing body dies off and they no longer have "anointed" as figureheads in the organization.

I wonder how that will work? Will the "new" unanointed governing body communicate through Jehovah, Jesus or the dead governing body? I heard it through the grapevine..... Or will they discover that there was just enough fallen anointed ones to open up space for the new bros in charge?

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Plmkrzy,

Or will they discover that there was just enough fallen anointed ones to open up space for the new bros in charge?

Bingo! While the current GB scares the beejeebers out of the rank & file JWs from partaking, the leaders can suddenly get the 'spirit' and because they are serving in a high faithful station at Bethel, they are not looked down on by the current GB ... and before they know it, a whole new Governing Body is there, fully 'anointed' and being spirit-directed' for the next generation of JWs. And, when ex-JWs read the Jan. 1952 Watchtower, Q from Readers, they learn the secret that enables this process to continue on forever! You got it!!! -

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Amazing,

Sounds like you have just outlined a career path for an overzealous bethel heavy.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

AMAZING1914 <------------ Did you know you were faking at the time or did you really feel you were of the annnnnointed?

thanks

• Corvin
    Corvin

Here is a WT article I found that might shed some "new light" on where the GB is going with the anointed thing:

w01 1/15 p. 31 A Special Announcement ***

A

Special Announcement

AT THE conclusion of the annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania on October 7, 2000, a special announcement was made by the chairman, John E. Barr of the Governing Body. This announcement built further on discourses given earlier that day by Theodore Jaracz and Daniel Sydlik.—See pages 12-16 and 28-31 of this magazine.

Making a very significant point, Brother Barr stated: "‘The faithful and discreet slave’ and its Governing Body have had entrusted to them interests that are higher and far more encompassing than those granted to legal corporations. Set out in the chartered purposes of each of such entities are matters that are limited in their scope. Our Master, Jesus Christ, however, has appointed the faithful slave class over all his ‘belongings,’ or Kingdom interests here on earth."—Matthew 24:45-47.

Concerning the Pennsylvania corporation, Brother Barr added: "Ever since its incorporation in 1884, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania has played an important role in our modern-day history. Still, it is merely a legal instrument available for use by ‘the faithful and discreet slave’ when it is necessary."

In their discourses, Brothers Sydlik and Jaracz had explained that the fact that "the faithful and discreet slave" has been entrusted with all of the Lord’s earthly belongings does not prevent the slave class from allowing qualified men from among the "other sheep" to care for certain routine administrative responsibilities. (John 10:16) Nor is there any Scriptural reason to insist that all or any of the directors of the legal entities used by Jehovah’s Witnesses be anointed Christians.

Brother Barr told the audience that recently certain members of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses who had been serving as directors and officers voluntarily stepped aside from the boards of directors of all the corporations used by "the faithful and discreet slave" in the United States. Responsible brothers of the other sheep class were elected as replacements.

This decision is beneficial indeed. It allows members of the Governing Body to spend more time in preparing spiritual food and in otherwise caring for the spiritual needs of the worldwide brotherhood.

In conclusion, the chairman told his delighted audience: "While various legal and administrative duties have been assigned to experienced overseers, . . . all of them serve under the spiritual direction of the Governing Body. . . . All of us prayerfully look to Jehovah for his blessing upon our united efforts in doing his will, to the honor and glory of his great name."

I can't wait to see who will be directing these repsonsible brothers once all of the anointed class are in their graves.

Corvin

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

The 144,000 are mentioned only in the book of Revelation.

The word anointed, anoint, anointing do not appear in Revelation at all.

There is nothing in Revelation to connect the 144,000 with "anointed" Christians.

There is nothing in Revelation that says only 144,000 Christians go to heaven.

And why, if 144,000 is a literal number, are they not connected with the literal "tribes of Israel," mentioned in the very same verse (Revelation 7:4)????

Watchtower theology says one thing, the Bible says something else.

• heathen
    heathen

I'm looking at revelation 6:11 . Now when was the last time an anointed was "killed" at bethel brooklyn? They are imposters . Those people all die of old age . I also read the grand climax explanation and they certainly know how to change the meaning .

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

No silly Jehovah sends angels to kill them before they get corrupted it just looks like old age to the untrained eye.

How many christians believe in christianity anyway. You really think anyone goes to heaven? It is all a lie 144k Was sealed shortly after Jesus left with real jews! Probally all men!

This is all a joke everyone is going to die.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The few "anointed" witnesses I've met have all been looneys. No one that I or any of my peers considered in their right mind.

DY

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

how do you know it isn't you and your peers who are the looney ones?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit