I'm studying with Jehovah's Witnesses!!

by Kulotti79 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Kulotti79
    Kulotti79

Hello all... I currently studying the bible teach book and I'm just curious what information does the study conductor record about the student and is it passed on?? Thanks

And they keep on saying "the truth" which is starting to get on my nerves.    Lol

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    Run the other way....
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Usually they just keep your name, contact details, what publications they've left you and maybe a few personal details (children, hobbies/interests, notable personal problems, etc)

The only reason I can think of for passing it on is if they couldn't do the study anymore, in which case they'll give it to whoever takes over.

Do you mind if I ask what lead to your accepting a study?  Do you have other jw family or  aquaintences?

If you're interested, the site jwfacts.com has lots of information on jws, and what they currently teach, as well as what they've taught in the past.  As a currently active jw, I found that website quite eye-opening and to be completely accurate.

• Perry
    Perry

In John 14:6 Jesus explains that he himself is the truth - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He told us this knowing that in future generations others would claim that they alone had the truth. The truth isn't in a location. The Truth is a person. 

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's not the truth. Please investigate this religion before you go any further, it's not at all what it claims to be. I don't know how much record keeping they do, but I believe they do keep track of bible studies. 

Why you should NOT be a JW

They hide child sex abuse

You can be disfellowshipped for just about anything three elders agree upon, your  JW friends and family will be forbidden to talk to you, there is no recourse, you will not be allowed to give your version of events. You can be disfellowshipped for celebrating Christmas, voting, serving in the armed forces, attending another church, heavy petting, getting a blood transfusion, celebrating your birthday or saying you do not agree with anything the Governing Body teaches. 

They flip flop on doctrine constantly, with little justification. 

They lie about their past and their history of failed date predictions.

Their predictions about dates and end times is based on the fall of Jerusalem, the date they use has no basis in fact,  the vast majority of bible scholars agree on a different date.

They engage in deceptive quotes, picking parts of sentences to bolster their point of view, obscuring the original meaning.

I could go on, but you get the point. Run!

• cappytan
    cappytan

This religion has screwed up so many lives. 

Ask your Bible Teacher who her loyalty belongs to: God Almighty or The Governing Body?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Kulotti79: "And they keep on saying "the truth" which is starting to get on my nerves."

It was that phrase that I focused on in the last few months prior to my Disfellowshipping for apostacy. I basically said that they should not be calling themselves the "The Truth" even if they have the truth because it sounds arrogant. That did not settle well with the elders.

As for your being a 'study' with the Witnesses many on this forum would suggest that you steer clear of it and cancel all meeting attendance.

You're new here so I suggest doing some research on the 1001 threads that this site has. For example, look up the topic of sexual abuse and how the Watchtower acts like the Catholic Church in covering it up. The Watchtower simply is not interested in the well being of its members.

Also, I would strongly suggest that you get a hold of the classic book Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz. He was a former member of the governing body who wrote about his experience in the Watchtower ruling circle. Briefly stated the Watchtower organization is a dictatorship.

Although that book is out of print there are still a couple of used copies at Amazon for about less than $10.

Whatever you do don't commit yourself any further to them. 

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

This entire forum, and a hundred like it, are dedicated to help people trying to recover from experiences such as mentioned above, just by letting people talk about what they've gone through trying to get out of it...and also people come here for support while they are trying to get out of it. 

2 things I notice about your questions is that you don't like people knowing all your business, and you don't like cult like mentalities. That's what this particular religion is SO like. I know the person studying with you must be really a nice person. Most of them are really good people. It's just that this religion that controls them can also make them like heartless robot like creatures when the circumstances change. 

I grew up witness, and because I decided to change my religion and become just a regular Christian, I lost my family. Not because they wanted to, but the organization tells them that they shouldn't speak to me. 

I would be be very nice to this person that has been studying with you, but tell them this is not for you. They will try to gloss over things and make them seem rosy, but believe me, this is real. 

• rebel8
    rebel8

You're on the doorstep of Hotel California.  Check out and leave while you still can.

Here's my story. It's true. Terrible, depressing, dangerous way of life and code of ethics. Not a life worth living.

Get out now.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"An investigation of Truth should do not harm, if it's not the Truth it should do harm."

Ask the jw who is conducting the "study" if you are free to investigate JW's and some of their past teachings. He or she will definitely record that little tidbit of info.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit