I'm new to JW forum!!

by boy@crossroads 30 Replies latest jw friends

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

We'll Love You No Matter What!

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome!!!!!

I wasn't on the board last night, so my welcome is late. Better late than never! I did the slow fade too and I've been out for over 13 years. I'm so happy to be out of there, but the pain in leaving is tough especially when you have alot of family still in there. Take it from me...it gets better with time and the blinders they put on you start to wear off. Welcome to the world. It's a beautiful place!

Strawberryfieldsforever

• shamus
    shamus

Welcome to the forum boy@crossroads! Fading is good.... many many have done it here, including me.

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Just wanted to give a big ole WELCOME!

SLM

• Sassy
    Sassy

Welcome boy@crossroads..

We look forward to getting to know you!

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Ok I'm back!!! Thanks for all the responses. Another question: how many of you were raised in/around the organization and at the same time knew it was a complete fonny. I ask that b/c it seems that some people just never get the fear (disobedience leads to destruction) put in them.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Boy@

Welcome to the forum, you'll fit in here just fine

Sirona

• jws
    jws
    Another question: how many of you were raised in/around the organization and at the same time knew it was a complete fonny. I ask that b/c it seems that some people just never get the fear (disobedience leads to destruction) put in them.

Welcome to the board. I was raised from birth as a JW. When I was in, I didn't agree with everything, but believed it was still the true religion and had a fear of them. I read Ray Franz's book in my early 20's and it opened my eyes. Realizing what the history of the JWs was, all the false prophecies, all the flip-flops on doctrine, all the controlling and double standards, etc., etc. It all helped me to realize that it wasn't God's organization. If they truly had a direct line to God, things would have been totally different. Realizing it was man-made helped take the fear out of it. Whatever they felt, however they decided to judge or punish me was totally unrelated to God, because they did NOT speak for God, no matter what they say.

You can read Franz's book or you can do research about them on the web. There is plenty out there. I don't know if that will work for you, but it's what did it for me.

After learning this about them, I didn't return. For a while, there was still a twinge of guilt to be home during meeting times. But after a while, you realize that's a programmed condition. It will fade if you want it to. Instead, enjoy your extra time. When I left, I was amazed at how much free time I had. Use it well and enjoy it.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome.

Just don't try to be so deprogrammed that you 'throw away the baby with the bath water'.

You can still be a good human being without being a JW; just surround yourself with good, honorable people.

Again, welcome.

DY

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

A big welcome to you Boy at the crossroads !

You will find lots of help here on this forum. We certainly did, we disassociated ourselves about 18 months ago, after finding out firstly -the involvement of the Watchtower with the United Nations, and then reading Ray Franz's book Crisis of Conscience, as soon as it dawned on us that the Governing Body were not God's channel of communication, then the slow de-programming started, we ask ourselves everday, how could we have been so brainwashed......

So good to see yet more and more coming out of the WT

Twinkletoes and Kaytee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit