I'm new to JW forum!!

by boy@crossroads 30 Replies latest jw friends

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Hi everyone, glad to be here. I've been to and posted at a couple of other ex-jw sites. Thought I'd drop a line to you guys. Long story short, I'm trying to do the fade. It's been about 3 months since I attended a meeting. Hopefully I can continue dodging the borg. I'm currently trying to reprogram my mind and at times it's a bit frustrating. I've heard some on here say that you have to "try to see through the eyes of a child". I don't know if its just years of jw brainwashing but when I try to my guard just instinctively goes up. Can anyone offer some advice and maybe some personal experiences?

• Valis
    Valis

welcome to the forum! Lots of people trying to do the exact same thing here. Hope you find some answers, stick around, and make some friends!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Then stick around I will !!!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Welcome aboard.

Ellderwho

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi there and welcome to this forum. I think you will enjoy it and will learn a lot that will help you on your way out of the clutches of the Org.

You might enjoy this link, lots of well-researched articles:

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm

Also, for really good experiences, in audio format no less go to "jwinfoline" and Tower to Truth sites.

I loved those too.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome!!!

How many years of brainwashing did you have? What you are feeling is NOT uncommon.

I was raised in the Org. and till I was 46 very active. I am fading as well...have been since last June.

Codeblue

• Urbanparadise
    Urbanparadise

Hello there boy@crossroads !

Fading for a couple of years now but still get 'Watchtower reasoning' coming up once in a while.
    Keep posting, asking Q's and reading any useful links the people here may provide and you'll soon de-program
    the cults hold on your mind.

Urban

P.S. The sites that seeitallclearlynow suggested with the audios are excellent, if you haven't already viewed them!

• gumby
    gumby

Welcome boy@crossroads!

Can anyone offer some advice and maybe some personal experiences?

As far as getting your mind out of dubdom......it takes time,,,,,depending how long you were in, and how deep you were in. I have been out for 10 years and I'm STILL adjusting my thinking. Being here will speed up the process along with informing yourself about the truth behind the JW religion by reading.

Again.....nice to have you.

Gumby

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Thanks all you guys!! I will try to post another response as soon as possible so keep in expectation of me. Right now I have to RUNNOFT. (oh brother where art thou). Thanks again!!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

If you get a chance try to get a copy of Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz, former GB member and nephew of Fred. A must read for anybody trying to leave JW's.

You can order it from Amazon or http://www.commentarypress.com.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit