I'm new to JW forum!!

by boy@crossroads 30 Replies latest jw friends

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

Welcome welcome,

I needed to do this myself.........

"try to see through the eyes of a child"

Even pickup a bible that was written for kids........

International Children's Bilbe

Took over ten years before I could read it without thinking the way of the "TRUTH"

Now I see it so clear!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Boy, I've faded so much that I'm lilly white! Course getting Df'd forty odd years ago helped! DOn't know what the reference to looking through the eyes of a child means, but Jesus admonished us to "be like little children". Don't know what he meant either...

Sorry I can't be of much help, but do encourage you to keep an open mind and look under every rock. You may find a whole new world where you'd least expect it..

carmel

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Right now I have to RUNNOFT.

come back when you can. We'll try to make sure that you're not 'a man of constant sorrow'.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Jesus admonished us to "be like little children". Don't know what he meant either...

I figure ... pick your nose, scratch yourself in public, play with your food, and continually ask "Are we there yet?"

• shotgun
    shotgun

Welcome to the crossroads

Not sure I've ever heard the eyes of a child comment ...for me it was the opposite...seeing with open eyes of reason, fact and discerment.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome boy@crossroads!

Here is more reading you can do to deprogram yourself listed in this thread. Enjoy!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/70177/1.ashx

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome to the Board, boy!

outnfree

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome boy@crossroads.!!!! Stick around >>this place is a corner of the "world" where unconditional love is handed out.

You wont have to send in your time- No study really needed -unless you want to find the real truth... Then you just Pray!!!!!! http://Quotes.Watchtower.ca is a good place to visit.

I was a JW for 20+ year -with them 25- baptised 21+ - I was Disfellowshipped because I dont believe Jesus came invisably in 1914- I am going to be 77 years old next month- I was told that my girl of 8 would never have to go to college as we were going to be in Paradise ....Well !!!they were right in ONE way___ SHE is in Paradise --- she died from Breast cancer at 42....yrs old....!!!!!!But she found the real truth before she died!!!! That JWS are False Prophets. Spoken of in Deut 18: 20 22.......

My advise to you( since you asked) is try to not let "bad relations" come between you & your family- do a slow fade ..... Else everyone will shun you. Show loving kindness as you never have done before- It baffels them.!!!... I might add>> They( elders) came to ask me If I would like to come back in the "truth a couple of years ago - after kicking me out in 1987..... I said Yes!!! if I could think Independently..... But I wonder why I didnt hear from them again.... God bless & dont give up on God- It wasnt HIS fault we didnt read it right....FOLLOW NO MAN AT ALL !!!!! Yes Jesus was MAN& GOD!!!!!!

• natalienu
    natalienu

Welcome!

Just remember to chill out. Do something fun on those times you are meant to be out at a meeting like take up a night school class or a sport to make new friends in the real world.

Sundays I recommend a late brunch in a nice cafe with the morning paper or if it is summer - go to the beach take a long walk along the water and just take in how wonderful this work really is!

• gumby
    gumby
    go to the beach take a long walk along the water

But what if he lives in Ohio?

Gumbeach

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit