APRIL 20, 2004 DAILY TEXT

by in a new york bethel minute 15 Replies latest social humour

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i opened the daily text yesterday at dinner with my family, and at first glance i see the scripture quotation of April 20. short and to the point, i must admit...

"She just made us come."- Acts 16:15. as funny as that scripture is by itself, what's funnier is that there is so much more to verse 15. i dont know if someone did that on purpose, but it's just such a weird piece of scripture to put, without putting the first part of the scripture there, so that it actually makes some kind of sense and means something.

I read the text at least twice a week and i have found that they do that frequently. they put such short scripture quotations that dont really say anything and apply it at least 98% of the time to how we should be loyal to the organization and follow the lead of the elders or something like that. Just another way to get in our heads each morning before we do anything.

lightofbethe

P.S. now im on the lookout for what the first part of my post was about... inuendo in watchtower publications. most of us have seen imagery in the pictures of the publications, now we can all be on the lookout for little inuendos stuck in wherever possible.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao... yeah... I like it when a "she" makes me "come"

• blueyes
    blueyes

Well it caused you to look up the scripture.

Perhaps a subtle form of ....well hmmm...marriage counseling? LOL

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    opened the daily text yesterday at dinner with my family

brings back some great memories... My parents only did that when we were real little. And they would ask us questions.. that stuff was so hard ! Made dinner time lot of fun (not really) my dad would get so mad when we didn't know any answers. They should have known from that I'd grow up to have no appreciation for spiritual things!

hahaha sorry to give the wrong impression... we dont read it as a family. i just pick it up to see how i can criticize the company that writes the daily text and all other watchtower pubs.

NYB, minute

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

oh, I know ! I was just getting all nostalgic!

• Medic!?
    Medic!?

There is a song in the Kingdom Melodies which has part of a line that reads "beats them off"... It's been a while and I forget which context they were using. I always loved to sing that part!!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    "She just made us come."- Acts 16:15.

Blame it on the translation into English!

You brought back to mind this aspect of considering the daily text and comments. So often (most often?) the consideration was more on the words quoted from The Watchtower magazine than from the Bible.

How many dubs spend time trying to figure out what the comments have to do with the text each day?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Medic writes

There is a song in the Kingdom Melodies which has part of a line that reads "beats them off"... It's been a while and I forget which context they were using. I always loved to sing that part!!!!

really tells you something when someone's first post is about sex...PERV..... Oh, and WELCOME to the board..... Lisa

song 125: "Jehovah is on my side"-

"around swarms the devil's crowd like bees that were molested. but i can never beat them off." - as true today, as it was when it was written. it is really hard to beat off molested bees. they just won't allow it for some reason.

New York Bethel Minute

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit