In the US: Our Children Will Be Subjected to Selective Service Very Soon

by gespro 46 Replies latest social current

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    And guess what? Those of us without consideral amount of money are the 'new slaves.' Gespro

I agree. And they don't have to beat us with whips or chain us to get us to slave for them. The threat of ending up homeless will keep us slaving.

Flyin' of mixed evil white bastard and Native American blood~

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I'm not interested in turning back the clock to live without indoor plumbing & electricity, or give up my gas-hog.

lol, kinda reminiscent of a bumper-sticker about grandkids and inheritance. Spend it!

More likely it comes down to giving up the gas hog to keep the electricity and indoor plumbing.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    All American males are required to register with Selective Service on their 18th birthday.

I just wondered how the dubs cope with this requirement. It would seem out of order to me for them to register?

• franklin J
    franklin J

I consider myself a patriotic American.....but when it comes to my kids; I will be the first to take my son overseas--Mexico, Italy, ( not Belgium) Switzerland to keep him out.

Frank

• heathen
    heathen

I don't like the idea of a draft at all . I don't think the US will pull out troops and turn the security issue over to the Iraq government because it's just too easy for despots from all around to move in and wreak havok . I also don't like the idea of arming these people once again. GW keeps stating he wants to turn the security issue over to the UN but guess what ?they will only turn around and appoint the US over it . IMO . The US definately is responsible at this point for what ever happens in Iraq . In any event I'm sure we are all screwed .

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

There's no doubt in mind that this will soon happen.

And all because we have to stick our noses into everybody else's business all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

In any event I'm sure we are all screwed .

Always appreciate your optimism, Heathen!

Regardless, this is much ado about nothing. Geeze, as though we didn't already have lots to worry about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit