Scary pictures

by Surfacing 20 Replies latest social humour

• new light
    new light

I swear David Lee Roth is one of the wordlies at the end of the 1000-year reign. Don't have the book with me, but if you have a Revelation book (1988) turn to the picture of the crowd of "evil" people surrounding the JWs at the end of the millennium, you know, the ones that return to Satan. I'm telling you, David Lee Roth is there with a headband and a pumping fist, as I recall. Gives a whole new meaning to "Runnin' with the Devil."

• Nickey
    Nickey

Surf,

I'm with you on the demon floating flood pic. That one freaked me out too.

Ugh... the way they draw some pictures can really scare a kid. Especially a scaredy cat like me.

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

New LIGHT!

I wanted to bring up that PICTURE THANKS FOR REMINDING ME. Thats not David Lee Roth. That Axel Rose. And the Woman next to him is from a movie.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Let me know if this does not work , I appreciate it is a dodgy scan . Rev book page 291

alt

• Corvin
    Corvin
    if you have a Revelation book (1988) turn to the picture of the crowd of "evil" people surrounding the JWs at the end of the millennium, you know, the ones that return to Satan.

It is interesting to note in that illustration, those on Satan's side are either wearing headbands or hanging with those wearing headbands. We must let the JW's know that Satan's secret weapon for turning people against Jehovah and his faithful will be headbands. Speaking of the "faithful", notice that there are only like . . . 11 righteous people hanging out petting animals, looking at the pretty stream, picnicking . . . waiting to get clubbed. Why so little? Damn, that is not encouraging for any of us is it?

Corvin

Edited to say, might as well jump.

• new light
    new light

Hey, thanks Blues Brother!

Why are the lion and the lamb nuzzling? Post-coital bliss? Cold weather? Drank a little too much at the ol' River of Life?

Can you really blame the outsiders? A thousand years surrounded by JWs? I'd have a stick and a headband, too! Maybe even grow a beard!! Besides, after 1000 years of seeing nature tamed and pasteurized, that dragon would seem pretty damn cool!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I think the art dept. at WT has turned into a cut and paste dept.

That 97 WT armegeddon pic.

The guy with the revolver is a shot of Bo Hoskins in Roger Rabbit.

The lady with the kerchief on her head I can't put my finger on, but it is so out of character with the supposed time of the occurance. it's ludricous, and obviously had to be CnP from something. (Perhaps they added that as a warning to the sisters in the congregation, not to to get too headstrong)

The fellow on the bottom right is Will Smith.

The fellow on the bottom left whose body is being swallowed up the by the big Armegeddon hole is John Lithgow from "3rd rock from the Sun" TV series.

• reganashe
    reganashe

Yeah the pictures were really scary I remeber asking about them when I was little and my mom telling me that they were scary because they were trying to show us what was going to happen. Scary!! I'm glad my daughter doesn't have to look at those. You know if something like that was on TV most JW parents wouldn't let there kids sit there and watch it, they'd complain about how there's to much volients was on TV, but it's from the WBTS is ok.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

There was a picture of a man burning at the steak with a bible chained around his neck in the "You Can Study Forever About a Paradise On Earth" book, too. It was disturbing.

• wasasister
    wasasister

What is really disturbing - and which fact I got to point out to a Witness recently - is how much the WT Armageddon portrayals look like the actual 9-11 event. Of course, Joe Witness thinks the WTC attacks are just terrible and tragic....but only because the wrong God was behind it.

If JEHOVAH had destroyed those buildings, that would be cool.

My comment to the Witness was this: those people who died in the 9-11 attacks are lucky. At least this way, they have a chance at a resurrection. If they had died during Armageddon, it would be Jehovah's destruction and thus a permanent death.

No reply was offered....wonder why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit