Scary Pictures in the Live Forever book

by Surfacing 21 Replies latest social humour

• Surfacing
    Surfacing

I remember as a kid being freaked out by two pictures. One was of the Demons floating away leaving their screaming wives and babies during the flood, and the other was the collage with the gas mask guy and the kid holding his hands over his ears and the dead guy with the chopsticks....

Oh yes, did I mention that I wasn't allowed to watch the Care Bears movie as a kid because of the "frightening and demonic" scenes?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I remember seeing those pictures. I'd successfully blocked them out - but I can't forget that gas mask guy - for years I had no idea what it was, it looked like an alien to me.

Do you remember the picture of Lot's wife turning into salt? Yeesh.

CZAR

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

CHAPTER 39 of the "my book of bible stories" is entitled: "Aaron's ROD grows flowers." that scares me now.

• Sassy
    Sassy

The Live Forever book wasn't as bad as the old orange Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained!! I am very sure that my Armegaddon nightmares come from the pictures in there!!

• glitter
    glitter

I think I remember the demons, but I don't remember the gas mask or chopsticks. Can anyone post scans? I think my mum left her Live Forever book with a study about 12 years ago.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    The Live Forever book wasn't as bad as the old orange Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained!! I am very sure that my Armegaddon nightmares come from the pictures in there!!

For once, I read some of the comments before I posted mine, and lo and behold Sassy thought the same thing I did!!! I was two years old when my mom bought that book from the Dubs, and my little psyche was filled with terror at those horrible pictures!

• Valis
    Valis

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/pictures.htm

SIncerely,

District Overbeer

• Quotes
    Quotes

Thanks for the tip. "Mr. Scanner" will be adding these to the wonderful Picture Gallery this evening:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/pictures.htm

• Sassy
    Sassy

Yup.. this would be the one that scared me to death as a kid.. and the images in many ways stuck with me as an adult too

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Thanks, Sassy! I tried to scan and upload those to my post, but, I couldn't get the @#$@#% to work right! I just bought it, so, I'm still a newbie at using it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit