If JWD were to shut down tommorow......

by ScoobySnax 67 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Alright Alright!!!! I'm not like Peter then......heavens above! you started the anology not me! I was just going along with you.

But I can spell enigma......... Gumby, you should get an Awake education.

Scoob

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Weds....You took time off to listen to GWB? LOL (kidding!)

yes scoob, since i have mentally and physicaly left the jws, i have developed political opinions. They are still a work in progress , however.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

i would feel sad to lose touch with the people here.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I'm sure they would be sad to lose contact with you Cyber too. xx

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

SCOOB IT'S ANALOGY. JUST BEING HELPFUL WHEN I CAN.

Outoftheorg

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    An elder told me onetime when I had to fill an elders responsibilities that voids are always filled. If you put your hand in a bucket of water and pull your hand out......is there a void? No....it just fills back in. That'sd what would happen here......the void would be replaced by something else in a persons life.

Gumby,

That illustration did the rounds downunder too! And what a heartless, even unchristian one it is! It shows clearly that the WTS hold that the individual doesn't matter at all. " You're gonna leave?? OK see ya! there'll be someone else" is the typical approach both at branch and congregation level.

Yet is it scriptural? No!

Jesus' attitude is shown in many ways to be quite the opposite, for example:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." - Matthew 10:29-31 (NIV)

Jesus' demonstrated an attitude at variance with that shown by the WTS.

Another evidence that it cannot be "Jehovah's organisation" or speaking for Him.

Cheers, Ozzie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    You Valis however need to check I think its maybe in the first 5, I swear theres something there that fits your above post, you of all people particularly as forum assistant should be more vigilant.....call it setting an example.

That sounds just like "You're a Ministerial Servant / Elder, so you should know better!"
    Sad.

Alright Alright!!!! I'm not like Peter then......heavens above! you started the anology not me! I was just going along with you.
    But I can spell enigma......... Gumby, you should get an Awake education.

But can't spell analogy

I suspect that you'd go straight back to the Hell Hall. We wouldn't - which is what I suspect you were getting at with this thread.
    Life does go on, without the borg. This is a common interest group, like any other. Heck, even you've got absorbed in the goings on.

Most of the folks that I like here are on my cellphone or IM list - for those that aren't, get yer asses together and PM me!!!

• acsot
    acsot
    I just wonder after reading a few posts recently in the last couple of years just how seriously some hold this forum almost to the point that it seems central to their lives (and that maybe so).

I just checked our post history, Scoob. You started posting August 27, 2002 and have 1,732 posts (probably a couple more since my posting this reply). I started posting on August 30, 2002 and have 970 posts.

Seems like you're the one who will be kinda lost without this place.

• mouthy
    mouthy

FLOWER!!!!! GO TO YOU"R ROOM AT ONCE!!!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Flower ...That was about the por remark not your last one ---that was great--you can come out now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit