I Just Can't Get Over It

by HadEnuf 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

hadenough, Happy Birthday . I think the US is the only culture to disrespect old age. Other places treat you better. (except maybe India) Young people listen to you more. Alas here we sit in the land of eternal youth.BUT Think of all you know NOW and didn't when you were 7, Heck have you seen Princess Leia lately? She smokes cigars and is on IFC's "Dinner for Five". Even Jamie Lee Curtis did a no clothes-no touch ups- no makeup photo shoot last year. There are plenty of WISE women who refuse to be held back these days. Re-read the RedTent to remember how important you are to everyone younger and older. There is a quote I just love from Women who Run with Wolves , "I measure time by how a body sways."

And You must be 51years old to join AARP

• blondie
    blondie

HadEnuf, you have more on the ball now than you ever had at 25!

Say hi to your lovely husband and kids for us.

Blondie and Irrev

• codeblue
    codeblue

Congrats on being a Senior Member

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Thanks for the Happy wishes desib77!

Mouthy...I feel bad that you feel so bad but I feel good that you have a sense of humor about it. I certainly hope some days are better for you! You are just a tad younger than my own mom (if your age is revealed correctly under your pic); who has since deserted me and shuns me. Maybe I shall have to adopt you as my foster mom! I always appreciate your words of wisdom.

Panda: Sadly...your quote is most true. MY body sways all over the place. When you walk by me you never know what you might get hit with.

Thank you Blondie. My regards to you and Ir REV erent! Hope you are both in better health than last time we spoke. Hmmm...errrr...pm'd anyway.

Thanks for the congrats codeblue!

Actually this post was meant "tongue in cheek" as to my becoming a Sr. member. I'm really all right with being 50. Now where did I put that bottle of valium????

Cathy L. "It is never too late to be what you might have been"

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

HadEnuf -

Congratulations on achieving Senior Member!! It won't be long before you're a Jedi. C'mon, I'll race ya!! You get to Jedi and I'll get to Empress. Ya wanna?

And Happy Happy Birthday!! 1954 was a great year. I will turn 50 in September. So hold a place in line at Denny's for me, please?

Fresh Cuts! Marquis® by Waterford Orchid Bouquet

I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Many happy returns of the day.

Lisa

• boa
    boa

Happy Birthday Had Enuf!

I was wondering when 'master member' came around - I'm almost there and I'm only in my 30's so don't worry, age has nothing to do with it.

50 is just a double-barrelled 25 yr old - full of vim and vigor but KNOWING how to have a good time and not pay too much for it!!!

boa

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Thank you arrowstar...yes...1954 was a very good year! A PRE-Happy birthday to you for September. It will be nice to have someone to go to Denny's with!! Ha!

50 is just a double-barrelled 25 yr old - full of vim and vigor but KNOWING how to have a good time and not pay too much for it!!!

That's pretty good boa! In my head I'm still 25 years old and ready to go. It's just my "shell" that slows me down! I'm gonna remember that quote there boa.

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit