I Just Can't Get Over It

by HadEnuf 16 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

As I was gazing at my quite fetching picture posted here from my (much) younger years...I noticed that I had unknowingly become a SENIOR MEMBER!

Now...it is perhaps a coincidence...but this comes very soon after my 50th birthday and I get to thinking: Arghhhhhhhhhh...I turned 50 and they make me a SENIOR MEMBER???? Good Grief. It's bad enough turning 50, then they just have to rub that salt into the wounds!

And here I thought it was the number of posts that took you up the coveted ladder to Most Supreme And Totally Wonderful Exalted Super Poster. Silly me.

Now I must leave to lick my wounds.

Cathy L.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Maybe you can get a discount at Denny's?

Congratulations on your senior-dom. Get over it !!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I don't think I can Gopher. My life has been shattered.

But it would be nice to get a discount at Denny's! Maybe something good can come out of this grievous event.

Cathy L.

• Sassy
    Sassy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHY!!!

and CONGRATS on becoming a SENIOR MEMBER..

I promise you that Senior has nothing to do with being older..

and remember.. age is only a matter of the mind ANY WAY! and I know you are a young thinking like me!!

after Master Member.. you become a Jedi! and think how young you will feel then.. it will be like watching Star Wars for the first time and you are Princess Leia!!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Ahhh Sassy; to become Princess Leia! (without the side braids though). By the time I get to Jedi...at the rate I am posting. I will be nothing but a memory. HA HA!

cathy l.

• talesin
    talesin

Congrats, Senior Member ! ! !

and you're 50th woo hoo Happy Birthday

I'm looking forward to that in a few years. I think it will be fabulous. Much happier than when I was 25, that's for sure.

I hope the next 50 are your best !

'oh, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now' (the Byrds)

talesin

• franklin J
    franklin J

happy birthday hadenuf

whats wrong with 50?

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Thanks talespin...yes...it is true...50 should be better than the "lost years" in the JW's.

franklin...the thing about 50 is that I keep thinking of the 40+ years I wasted as a JW and now, at 50, how many years do I have left to finally be happy? Hitting 50 seems to be a time of retrospect.

I must be reading too many obituaries.

I'll tell you though...no matter how many years I have left...THEY'RE GONNA BE SPENT IN FREEDOM!!!

Cathy L.

• desib77
    desib77

Happy Birthday, Cathy!

Desi

• mouthy
    mouthy

age is only a matter of the mind >>>>That is right & if you dont mind it dont matter >>.right????

Welcome to the seniors listing.... 50 is just a lass....Wait till you reach MY age -you will have something to complain about >>.as I sit here with

Rheamatoid Arthritis
    Ristricted Esophagus
    Diabetes
    A cracked rib( done two days ago)
    Varicos Veins
    Ulcers
    Dementia
    But I am in perect health apart from that..... Now tell me hadenough???? Are you old!!!! NO!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit