The New and Improved JWs Now With 3 classes of Christians!

by XQsThaiPoes 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

The study articles are amazing. I can't tell if anyone caught it but they are ground breakingly incompetent. The have redefined 1914, the anointed, FDS and the "EVIL SLAVE". Last but not least introduced a new class of anointed the domestics. Also it has firmly established that there was no "Christendom" before 1919 and turned 1919 into 1935. Ultimately they have destroyed the 144k with this quote.

March 1 2004

?A "slave" who is both faithful and discreet.?

"Every member of "the Israel of God" is a dedicated, baptized Christian anointed with Holy Spirit and having a heavenly hope. Hence, the expression "faithful discreet slave" refers to all members of that anointed spiritual nation as a group on earth at any particular time from 33C.E. until now,"

I can post more quotes from this groundbreaking article, but I am flabbergasted. The Watchtower now claims that its was appointed to be in charge of Christ possessions or what ever because of the photo drama of creation WBBR, and articles in the news paper. Notice it was not the growth of the members, but the fact they printed 50 thousand watchtowers, and no other church was! I have not lost my faith I just have gained a sense of humor, because this is a joke.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    "Every member of "the Israel of God" is a dedicated, baptized Christian anointed with Holy Spirit and having a heavenly hope. Hence, the expression "faithful discreet slave" refers to all members of that anointed spiritual nation as a group on earth an any particular time from 33C.E. until now,"

huh?? but I thought that the period between 33 AD thru 1914 was the "appointed times of the nations" or the "gentile times" when noone had a heavenly hope?? thank Gd I dont go thru these mental gymnastics anymore!!

• boa
    boa

yup soledad, thank some god somewhere i just couldn't care beyond simple curiosity cuz I have my own belief where this org is going - nowhere imo.

thanks X for the update - though i guess i need the whole article to really understand what yer saying

boa

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

This is nothing new.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Not new.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Spot the difference?

it-1 p. 806 Faithful and Discreet Slave ***
    Those forming the Christian congregation are referred to by the apostle Paul as "members of the household of God" (Eph 2:19; 1Ti 3:15), and the same apostle shows that ?faithful stewardship? among such household members involved the dispensing of spiritual truths on which those becoming believers would ?feed.? (1Co 3:2, 5; 4:1, 2; compare Mt 4:4.) Whereas this was a prime responsibility of those appointed as ?shepherds? of the flock (1Pe 5:1-3), the apostle Peter shows that such stewardship of the divine truths was actually committed to all the ?chosen ones,? all the spirit-anointed ones, of the Christian congregation. (1Pe 1:1, 2; 4:10, 11) Thus the entire anointed Christian congregation was to serve in a united stewardship, dispensing such truths. At the same time the individual members making up such composite body, or the "domestics" making up the "house" of God (Mt 24:45; Heb 3:6; Eph 2:19), would also be recipients of the "food" dispensed. (Heb 5:11-14; compare 1Co 12:12, 19-27.) Expanded responsibility would result from faithfulness maintained until the master?s promised ?arrival.??Mt 24:46, 47; Lu 12:43, 44

'Fraid I cannot see any appreciable change

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

studied the article yesterday in the meeting -- I saw nothing new- no new light - I had not seen Pentecost 33CE so vividly highlighted before but nothing new - sorry

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

Thus the entire anointed Christian congregation was to serve in a united stewardship, dispensing such truths.

lets just see what would happen if just joe annointed showed up at the society and told them he wanted to get on the governing body because he is part of the faithful and descreet slave.... which has for most of JW history been a secret code for them and no one else...

which calls to mind the transition from annointed to non-annointed while there are plenty of annoited but obviously not trusted members around?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

a little off the subject, but this subject triggered this memory:

About ten years ago there was a JW I knew (an elders wife) who claimed to be of a special earthly class. She claimed there were several who felt this way and they had formed some kind of a group and had figured it out from the scriptures--had something to do with the 3 keys to the kingdom: 1 being the annointed 2. being them and 3 being the great crowd. Anyway, they had it all figured out and felt there was even gong to be a special area where they would be ruling from--maybe near the equator. After the bit "A" they were to be the leaders the god ruled goverment on earth. Sounded weird at the time--sounds insane and delusional now...

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I thought these articles are pretty interesting too. I'm reading a book about Armageddon movements (Expecting Armageddon: Essential Readings in Failed Prophecy, edited by Jon R. Stone) and how they attempt to regain lost credibility through prophetic reinterpretation. I could see a lot of what is mentioned in these articles in that context.

Also, I had always wondered (questioned, but not out loud) how they could be so certain Christ came and identified THEM as "the" F&DS, if there even is such a thing, meant in the way JWs interpret it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit