I HAVE A POOL!!!!

by tazmanian russel 14 Replies latest social humour

• tazmanian russel
    tazmanian russel

growing up as a jdub had a lot of annoying things involed with it..one of my favs was..HAVEING A POOL!!! this is what went through every familys mind in my hall...well well ..the so and so family have a pool and its hot out and we having nothing to do ...SOOOO lets go swimin!....um mommy the smiths r in our back yard again ..and now they r swimming ...oh dont worry , go get them a towl from the pool house..this is how it started , then it got worse and worse...we are thirsty wah..we want to play with the video games ..what are we a community centre all of a sudden...oh oh now they r getting really nervey..WE ARE HUNGRY!!! well i guess u might as well stay for supper ...do u have enough? yes we do..GRRREEEEAAAT!!! they loved us soo much all they wanted to do was be with r family...or was it just bc we have a pool and they have nothing better to do..i was hoping there was somthing bad about swimming so they could all get DF and we couldnt have them over anymore..i mean put up with them when they showed up...oh joy of joys, this religion is the only place that u have to be associated with ppl that u would normally never even talk to ...u think the pool is bad...part 2 of this story is called...WHEN A JEHOVAHS WITNESS FAMILY OWNS A COTTAGE!!

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

yes, our family had both a pool and a cottage. weren't we lucky to always have association thanks to our material posessions. the best is that, not only would people come over and use our stuff, they would break our stuff. and chances were they were either a bethelite or a pioneer, so to ask them to pay for the $$$ of damages they did was unheard of. too bad the bethelites weren't covered under some kind of bethel insurance policy so that we could direct our monetary concerns with the headquarters and actually be able to cover our losses.

as for the pool, we even had people taking swimming lessons in ours. the only good thing about that was that i could watch girls from the hall learn how to swim from my bedroom window!!! even when we were on vacation, people would take it upon themselves to go into our backyard and take a swim. and i know that for a fact, because one family that i met after we moved from that house, had been to my house with another family in my hall, WHEN WE WEREN'T THERE!!! boy i can't wait till the new system when everyone is in everyone's backyard all the time. privacy schmivacy.

NYB

• boa
    boa

I HAVE A OOL - NOTICE THERE'S NO 'P' IN IT! LOL Saw that sign at a jw fam we were friends with.

I plan on getting a OOL someday for the kids and since no jws will come to it, we'll see if nonjws are just as bad in taking advantage, or, maybe we'll just keep it all to ourselves muhahahaha....

boa

ps, nude pooling is great eh? Anyone else?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    this religion is the only place that u have to be associated with ppl that u would normally never even talk to ...

LOL tazmanian russel - isn't that the truth??

By the way, welcome to the forum.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think Joy and Steve can relate to this one. A great house on the beach.................lots of parties, etc.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, we never had a pool (my parents and I), but when we lived in St. Croix we had a fairly big house by island standards, and people were always trying to stay with us. Fortunately, my mother's personality made a Rottweiler look like a Chihuahua, and she didn't let nobody get away with nothin' -- not even the C.O. He showed up for his bi-annual visit at our house once (and once only, believe me) carrying clothes on hangers and a suitcase and asked where his room was. Now, for a bit of background my mother had unadvisedly made a brash statement that IF the D.O. ever came from Puerto Rico, she MIGHT be amenable to putting him up. Emphasis on "MIGHT." Well, the C.O., who by the way lived on our little 22-mile-wide island and could have easily driven back and forth from Christiansted to Frederiksted instead of moving in, assumed that he was welcome too. He wasn't -- Mom couldn't stand him. So there he is standing hopefully at our front door and Mom looked him up and down and said, "where do you think you're going with that? You're not staying HERE!"

Funny thing is, she never got in trouble for stuff like that. She was one of those really rude people who could somehow get away with it and everyone would say, "oh, that's just Sister Bibbee." No one dared call her by her first name.

Sometimes a little bit of her comes up in me and I have to smile.

Nina

So there he is standing hopefully at our front door and Mom looked him up and down and said, "where do you think you're going with that? You're not staying HERE!"

finally someone with some balls to stand up to the C.O.

it was so funny how polite we were to each other when the C.O. stayed at our house... and always reading the daily text and studying. just in case he was talking to Jehovah, he could put in a good word for us. we wouldn't even watch our regular TV shows, just in case there wasn't a happy ending to the full house episode we were watching. "You see, Satan loves to be continued..'s because it takes more time away from service and personal study."

Beth AL

• Mulan
    Mulan

great story, Nina.

• sebastien
    sebastien

oh man, that comment about satan loving "to be continueds...." HAHAHAHA funny... my brother and i and new friend are always making stuff up like that, we could be related practically! or maybe we are

my brother and i and new friend are always making stuff up like that, we could be related practically! or maybe we are

but aren't we all brothers in the faith... working for the same goal? (unless we're annointed...)

don't we all have one father and one mediator between the father and us? (unless we're annointed...)

and the gospels DO NOT apply to all of us equally. (unless we're annointed)

basically, u are my brother... unless u are annointed. are u annointed?

Bethel Lite- the beer for Christians

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit