nightmares

by in a new york bethel minute 21 Replies latest social family

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

GreenDragon - thank you for the info on sleep paralysis. It's something I have experienced for years but have not known what it was.

When I was still associated with WT I would have frequent, regular sleep paralysis, never really remembering what the content of the dream. These started when I was a teenager. I had a dream that really felt like someone was crushing me. The elders back then went through our house and made me and my roommates get rid of a bunch of stuff they thought might be 'demonizing' us (one of my roomies had to destroy her Earth, Wind, and Fire album!). When I married, the dreams were less frequent. Really freaked out Rocky because I would wake up screaming. He finally figured out I was screaming 'Jehovah.' He usually wakes me up to stop the dream. Last year he started listening carefully to my screams and did not wake me right away. This allowed me to remember more of the dream and has given me an opportunity to sort them out. The dreams are now farther between, although they seem to come in clusters...a few nights in a row, and then none for several months. As far as I know, the dreams are not about Armageddon. One of my recent dreams had a faceless figure cloaked in black, and yes, very malevolent. The day after the dream I'm usually out of sorts, they are so disturbing.

• bem
    bem

THANKS to you for the info on sleep paralysis I didn't know it had a name. Mrs.2 I have had those nightmares too where I couldn't wake up Or would scare hubby to death waking him up by screaming. but now I am a little aware at times & whatever is going on I am begging some one to wake me up. And I am out sorts that following day especially since I usually recall dreams and they are unpleasant running anywhere from protecting granchild,home,hiding from burglars.a lot of times they are repeats of previous nightmares.

When my family were young and we raising them in what we thought was the truth I usually nightmared about total darkness and not being able to get to children who were usually in school etc. but I was always alone and trying to remember (and I mean no disrepect) much as I suppose a blind person would by sensing where I was and how I needed to do things to get to them in this total darkness. Boy did they get big ole' hugs that morning when it was time for them to get up.

I don't think I am insomniac but nights after these latest nightmares I dread going to sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit