New Sex-Scandal Coming Up In Norway!

by Kent 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• badboy
    badboy

Isn't INCEST forbidden in the bible?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    This summer I might even travel to a barbeque in the UK :)

That would be cool

• blondie
    blondie

Are inactive JWs considered JWs?

w82 4/15 23-4 Enduring Joyfully Despite Persecution

Yet if we did not preach or hold meetings, we would not be witnesses of Jehovah God or Christ Jesus, since a witness who does not say anything is really not a witness at all.

The WTS does not count the inactive among their numbers in the Yearbook. It seems they do when there is money involved.

Big surprise...

Blondie

• trahkonen
    trahkonen

Somehow I can´t throw hee something that has bothered some years. -88 I was planning travel from Finland to U.K with my oldest son, he was on that time under 3. I was still namely in "truth", and had some jt-friends in U.K to visit. Once when I called to friend near London, he was not at home, but his old mother was. And I somehow did notice that something was wrong,, she said i ought to have extra paper from my wife that I can travel with my son. Naturally I said, that (on that time its was so in Finland , mother could have child name on passport, but father did had to have wife signiture) I son name is on my passport with her promise. Then I some bells did start to ring, and lol I took quite a long time, before she could say that some friend in their congrigation have been wondering that how can father travel with little child. I said,, well he was 1 year, and sife was at work,, I did travel with car almost 400 miles to north to see mother- and father-in-law. so of course there is no porblems. Still she did insist I have a accident or something problem wiht police, I can prove that son is leagelly on my custody. And finally she said they have had programme on U.K television about children abuse, and that specially fathers are one doing it.. of course she did continue, that cause don´t doubt you are christian.

Anyway , i did call to Helsinki U.K embassy and asked , that do I need exstra paper from my wife to prove that I have legal right to travel with my son. The officer there said that, nonsence they have made

bee from fly,, you dont need,, just of course you can´t leave child from sight.. We travelled 3 weeks around the U.K,, lol on problem was eating.. he did prefer much fish&chips than baby food I had with me. Some might remember april -may -89 how heinz company was blackmailed , and lonitic couble did put some pieces of glass, needles and some other things on the babyfood. But we did not have any problems,, well maybe I, did start smoking on that trip continious. :)

Dont´t mean to accuse, but why would they have been so concerning, christian father traveling with son,, if something has not happened before....

• Kent
    Kent

w82 4/15 23-4 Enduring Joyfully Despite PersecutionYet if we did not preach or hold meetings, we would not be witnesses of Jehovah God or Christ Jesus, since a witness who does not say anything is really not a witness at all.

I'm afraid that information doesn't matter for the Hippie. He's still convinced the Watchtower should have any money they can get. After all, they don't do anything everybody else doesn't do. So I guess it's al right then. The fact they are violatig their own rules (again) doesn't matter - of course. It's only stupid ol' me who doesn't really get it ;)

• blondie
    blondie

I agree, Kent, that active JWs find it hard to see the deceit of the WTS. When are you are a JW according to the WTS? It depends on whether it benefits the WTS or not. Here's another quote I found:

w59 12/1 722 "Prove Yourselves My Disciples

All who are counted as Jehovah?s witnesses are active preachers of the good news meeting the Biblical standard of morals, since an inactive Christian or one not meeting the standard is not a Christian at all. He is not a witness for Jehovah.

We have a saying in the US, that such a person speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Blondie

• Dino
    Dino

Hello Kent.

I have always appreciated your tenacity in ferreting out the WT's misdeeds. You are truly an investigative journalist.

It is great to "see" you again here and thanks for the info.

Dino

• Kent
    Kent

I guess the information the so called "Hippie" reacts to is this:

w00 5/1 pp. 9-10 Firmly Uphold Godly Teaching ***

Still, a few individuals have left our ranks, and some among them are bent on defaming Jehovah?s Witnesses by spreading lies and misinformation. A few work with other groups in organized resistance to pure worship. In doing so, they side with the very first apostate, Satan.

Some apostates are increasingly using various forms of mass communication, including the Internet, to spread false information about Jehovah?s Witnesses. As a result, when sincere individuals do research on our beliefs, they may stumble across apostate propaganda. Even some Witnesses have unwittingly exposed themselves to this harmful material. In addition, apostates occasionally take part in television or radio programs. What is the wise course to follow in view of this?

The apostle John directed Christians not to accept apostates into their homes. He wrote: "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works." (2 John 10, 11) Avoiding all contact with these opponents will protect us from their corrupt thinking. Exposing ourselves to apostate teachings through the various means of modern communication is just as harmful as receiving the apostate himself into our homes. Never should we allow curiosity to lure us into such a calamitous course!?Proverbs 22:3.
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

You have got me totally wrong, Kent - somehow, you don't get what I say, and then you resort to name-calling and shouting and insulting. But OK, that's your choice. All I am saying, is that one ought to attack what is attack-able, and then not try to make huge affairs out of things that in reality are not THAT huge at all.

But of course (I try to be as rude as you are, to follow in your footsteps, that is) that cannot be easy amidst all that liquor you brag about ............

Have a nice weekend!

• avengers
    avengers

Hey Kent, you ol' "Whistle Blower" nice to "see" you again.

Some apostates are increasingly using various forms of mass communication, including the Internet, to spread false information about Jehovah?s Witnesses

Tell me is the following true or false? Do these files really exist or is it "false information"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit