Driving songs

by arrowstar 41 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

The song that always inspired me to get to my destination faster was....

99 bottles.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Eric Clapton is great for the road ... especially his Songs From the Cradle, Unplugged, and Riding With the King CDs. Oh, and grab a copy of Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs from his days with Derek & The Dominoes. Awww, heck ... might as well toss in a couple from when he was with Cream and with The Yardbirds.

Anything by John Lee Hooker.

ZZ Top. You can't go wrong when the stereo is blasting out a tune from their Tres Hombres, Tejas, Deguello, or Rhythmeen CDs.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

jgnat -

LOL....yep...I know the feeling

Dan -

ZZ Top. You can't go wrong when the stereo is blasting out a tune from their Tres Hombres, Tejas, Deguello, or Rhythmeen CDs.

gotta love that little 'ol band from Texas

Lisa

• Sargon
    Sargon

I Can't Drive 55!!

That and Radar love!! But what do I know they took my license away 15 years ago>

• Sassy
    Sassy
    I Can't Drive 55!!

yes... that really is the ultimate driving song..

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Yes, how could I have forgotten ZZ Top? Great road music!!!

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    gotta love that little 'ol band from Texas

Speaking of Texas music, I can't imagine why neither of us mentioned Stevie Ray Vaughn. Toss Texas Flood in the CD player & turn the volume knob all the way clockwise.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

How could we possibly forget SRV?!?! Add "Soul to Soul" to the collection

(hangin' head in shame and skating to the penalty box)

Lisa

• Sassy
    Sassy

I love ZZ top.. not sure why I haven't taken them on road trips...

these days I listen a lot to hip hop and R&B, but for a road trip I do love good old rock...

since my move and two hour commute.. I have been listening more to classic rock and country when I go to work though..

Jazz gets me too tired and I don't want to fall asleep.. and some Hip Hop songs seem to add to my stress level when traffic is bad.. not sure why...

I listened to only country a while back (between my rock days when I had to give it up for a while due to Satanic back masking.. and before my move to Cali and urban music introduction).. so if a good song of country comes on and I know it well.. I can sing along and it helps me stay alert...

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Another Texan for your list, Arrowstar ... Janis Joplin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit