Driving songs

by arrowstar 41 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Playing on the radio now is Jackson Browne's "Running on Empty". This brought to mind all those times I would be driving back to Nacogdoches on that winding Texas two lane highway with the dogwoods lacing through the pines, the windows down and me singing harmony. All the while, I'm pushing that pedal down...faster ....and faster. Dayum what a time that was....

So, are there songs that when you hear them as you're driving make you go a little faster? Or sing-along? Or for that matter do that car dance thing?

Lisa

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

There's so many!!!

Rockin' Down The Highway - Doobie Brothers
    Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf
    Life In The Fast Lane - Eagles
    Let's Go Faster - Stray Cats

There's also lots of non-driving related tunes that make you wanna go faster

• wednesday
    wednesday

it old but i loved "Radar love" great to drive with.

oh yes, "wild wild west"

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Nosferatu -

Exactly! There are so very many.

"Radar Love" - Golden Earring
    "Life in the Fast Lane" - Eagles
    "You, Me and the Bottle Makes Three" - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

the list goes on....

Lisa

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

wednesday -

"wild wild west" was playing earlier too. I was just a'dancin' 'round the house. When that song plays and my son is with me, we just sing and dance and carry on. What fun!

Lisa

• pc
    pc

Purple Haze -Hendrix

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Highway to Hell - AC/DC

Heard it when I was out and about earlier today, I was rocking. Too bad my car stereo sucks and my speakers were crapping out...LOL

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Dan -

You need to think 'bout fixin' that

Lisa

• Sassy
    Sassy

When I do a road trip...I usually make sure I have some Bob Seger on the road with me.......

OLD TIME ROCK & ROLL... NIGHT MOVES.... AGAINST THE WIND... LIKE A ROCK.. HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS.... etc etc..

and REO Speedwagon...

KEEP ON LOVING YOU.... TAKE IT ON THE RUN... IN YOUR LETTER...

hey.. it just dawned on me why elswehere reminds me of REO.. in the intro for TOUGH GUYS... they have a recording of his voice..

"Alphalpha, can you swing me before we have lunch?" SURE DARLA "Hey Romeo, what about your promise to the HeMan Woman Haters Club?" "I'm sorry Spanky, I have to live my own life"

awesome road material..

and don't forget JOURNEY... STYX..

• English Patient
    English Patient

R'n'B does it for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit