WTS APPEARS WITH UN AND OTHERS

by little witch 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• gumby
    gumby
    The key is .... did the corporation "partner" with the United Nations and in doing so did it voluntarily agree to the UN's criteria (ie. showing support for the Charter etc.). Was the corporation "associated" with the UN's DPI or did it have a consultative status with the UN's ECOSOC.

Many seem to miss that this is the crux of the matter. There are plenty of Libraries and sources other than the UN's. The Watchtower WILLFULLY chose them. They should not even "touch" the very thing that "stands in a holy place where it ought not". They disfellowship people who do not refuse to work for churches because they are part of babylon......yet they will bed with those that act as impressionists for gods kingdom. They want religious freedom for themselves......period.

Gumby

• little witch
    little witch

Thanks AlanF Here is the link to the other UN document

http://www.un.org/documents/ga/docs/51/plenary/a51-542add1.htm

My apologies to Greenpalms, I didn't see your post on the subject until Corwin pointed it out.

And by the way, I make no apologies for posting instances of "unholy alliances" between the WTS and the UN and other groups. The fact of the matter is, the watchtower society has told its members that their only connection to the UN was to use the library and they didn't realize the repercussions of signing on.

Obviously triapsing around the world to meet with heads of state, and the United Nations was not neccessary, it was intentional.

Also, common members of the watchtower are forbidden to join any group or organization that remotely "rubs elbows" with Christendom or other religions. I think the members deserve to view instances of hipocracy where their leaders have done much worse than apply for membership for a pool pass!

I will continue working and posting these instances, and allow people to draw their own conclusions as to the importance.

• avishai
    avishai

Thanks, LW

• AlanF
    AlanF

Thanks for the updated link, LW.

Another observation: Watchtower apologists might like to claim that the Society's getting in bed with the UN was not getting involved in politics because no one from Bethel ever held a political office, and all they were doing was asking for their religious rights. But a simple example shows that they're wrong. Martin Luther King's civil rights movement was doing nothing more than asking for the rights of blacks to be respected, and King never held political office (so far as I'm aware). But no one will deny that such lobbying for political rights was direct involvement in politics. Keep this in mind if you ever have a JW try to claim such nonsense.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit