Would You Care If You Got Disfellowshipped At This Point In Time?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

just wondering....

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

No, I am dead to them already.

• blondie
    blondie

Why, is a DFing in your family in the offing, min?

• minimus
    minimus

you never know.....

• mineralogist
  • kls
    kls

I would actually welcome it , but since i will never talk to them and i keep telling my husband i am an Apostate and he says i'm not, which i am( more jw denial) .I haven't had anything to do with with these morons in 25yrs so what ever they want bring it on.

• Atilla
    Atilla

They know they can't touch me, we have a deal for now. I'm invincible but still must use caution. I may start testing the boundaries soon. But no, I don't really care if I get DF'd except for the fact that my parents won't be able to talk to me, they told me so themselves.

• undercover
    undercover

This is actually a pretty good question.

I'm sure that many will say they don't care if they do get DF'd or not. Many will say they already are or have already DA'd themselves. Then there's the slow faders. The whole reason for fading is to get away from it, but at the same time not get completely cut off because of family reasons.

My answer: Yes. I would care if I got DF'd. Two main reasons. I don't want to lose any family connection that I have. My family may be deceived by this religion, but they are still my family. I want to have association with them. Another reason (and this one becomes stronger over time) I don't want to give them that kind of power over me. If I choose to walk away, fine, but I'll be goddamned if I'm going to allow them that kind of power over me. You'll notice that both of those reasons go hand in hand. To allow them that power means to allow them to cut you off from your family. I have decided that they are a false religion and therefore do not speak for God and I owe them nothing, including the ability to mess in my family affairs.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I would care, if you did, Minimus. If you weren't ready for it, and it hurt your family, I would care. If YOU didn't care, then I wouldn't care.

CG

• minimus
    minimus

Undercover, I like how you tend to give your opinion of the questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit