eating the emblems AFTER memorial...

by AuSet 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• AuSet
    AuSet

Sorry this is a little late for a memorial post, but did any of ya'll eat the emblems like it was just ordinary food immediately after the memorial? They always did this at my KH, even the elders would be handing it out and we always would fight over who got a piece of the "bread." This usually occured out in the parking lot after most of the new/interested people had already high tailed it outta there.

Lets see, if WE were allowed to eat the bread, I wonder what the elders did with the leftover bottle of wine??

Hmmm

• avishai
    avishai

been there, done that

• codeblue
    codeblue

no...I never heard of any eating the "bread" after the Memorial...but I wasn't in the "in group"...to know if that ever happened.

I oftened wondered who drank the bottle of wine though...lol

Codeblue

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I can take a wild guess!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    but did any of ya'll eat the emblems like it was just ordinary food immediately after the memorial? They always did this at my KH, even the elders would be handing it out

no, they always gave it to my mother after the memorial and anyone else that partook.

Never heard of it being passed around like that.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I was once "stumbled" to see the Elder who took the memorial talk gulp down the wine that was in the glass (given that no-one partook), while he got his Son-in-law to shield him from the eye's of onlookers.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The magic only lasts for an hour on Nisan 14th.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

A few years ago the PO gave me a bag of the bread after the memorial to take home. I ate it that night. It went well with salsa. No wine though. He probably kept that for himself.

Walter

• JH
    JH

I don't know about drinking the glasses of wine that was passed around the hall, but the elders do finish the bottle of wine at home afterwards. Maybe they put the wine back into the bottle just to be drank later at home.

In my opinion it's OK to finish the bottle of wine at home, but not to drink the wine in the glasses that were passed around.

• New Castles
    New Castles

My Dad was an elder, so we would take the wine home all the time, and yes we always drank that night!! It was good...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit