Who do you blame for the time you wasted as a DUB?

by Thunder Rider 66 Replies latest jw friends

• flower
    flower

accepted as such

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I've never understood how parents could stand by and allow anyone to harm their children in any way.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Lots of good points. Lots of valid arguments.

Here is another thought. When one chooses to make a cake and follows the directions, if the reicpe is flawed and the cake turns out bad, would not one blame the one who wrote the recipe?

We all had the "recipe" for godly life laid out for us to follow. The fact that the guidelines were flawed and based on inacurate information, should to some extent absolve us of some self guilt. After coming to know better, our choice to leave the org displays a spirit of sound mind and reason that led us to better choices.

I feel it necessary to enlighten others to the truth about the "troof" and hope they can find the peace of mind I am making my own.

Valis..........I take full responsibility. See you in May.

Thunder ==}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    When one chooses to make a cake and follows the directions, if the reicpe is flawed and the cake turns out bad, would not one blame the one who wrote the recipe?

I agree, Thunder.

I'm looking at it from a different perspective. My time as a JW would not have been wasted were it not for the lies and dishonest practices of the GB of the JWs. It's sad that the actions of a few men can invalidate so many people's actions, but they can.

CountryGuy

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Hey, Thunder? Your b-day is Dec 15?

• Quotes
    Quotes

Myself!

For being so stupid and gullible.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    They dont know anything else but what they are brainwashed with so it cannot be their fault simply because they turn 18 and are adults in the eyes of the law.

Sorry, Flower, your feelings on this are just not right. It is a choice. I had four children, but only two of them chose to be JW's. One of the others went along with it, but only for appearances. The other one, rebelled and said he would not be a JW when he was 17. (none are JW's now, thankfully)

You always have a choice. Some of us just didn't want to go against our parents. It was still our own decision.

Do we blame tobacco companies because they make cigaretts and people choose to smoke them?
    Very good point.
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Ultimately, I blame my parents. The organization shares in the blame somewhat, but ultimately it was my parents' decision to live as they did.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((Thunder))))))))))

Please don't blame yourself ! You were following what you were taught and you had no choice in that mindset. And all you have to do is look at your family and they are fine !! Look at that boy all dressed up in that uniform with goals and a future and such a positive outlook on life. THAT didn't happen by accident and it certainly was able to happen around the jw exposure !! And, you and Sheila are closer as a couple than most anyone I've ever met after 20 years together !! (Happy Anniversay early btw).

And you, my friend, are one of the kindest and most decent people I've ever known.

All that- in spite of ............

XW

P.S.- if you want to be blamed for something -we could (if you want) blame you for that cell phone ending up in the bonfire !!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Who was at fault? Who is to blame for your losses and pain?

: Do you blame your parents?

Yes, I did.

: Do you blame the org?

Yes, I did. And still do with regards to the fact that they keep hurting people.

:Do you blame yourself?

Yes, I did.

That being said, it does NO good to focus on the blame and foment that blame. I dare anyone to show me or anyone else where carrying around blame in a silver box that one cherishes does the least bit of good.

Venting now and then is ok, though. But living a life of blaming others for every big and little problem creates a life that is drenched in misery.

Life is too short for that shit.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit