Who do you blame for the time you wasted as a DUB?

by Thunder Rider 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Wasting my hormone-charged high school years? I'd pin that one on the old man.

Wasting 90 days or so between the time I turned 18 to the time I quit going to meetings? That one's my fault.

• nilfun
    nilfun

"Make 'The Truth' your own, kid -- or get an ass-whipping you'll never forget!"

Decisions, decisions.

• gumby
    gumby
    Do you blame the org?

Do we blame tobacco companies because they make cigaretts and people choose to smoke them?

It's the same deal. An Organisation that creates harm to others by it's existence. These Organisations both know full well what they operate causes destruction.

Here's a thought.......would you be a part of a company that you knew brought harm to others? Not menial harm......but guaranteed harm of a severe nature to others? Don't use the reasoning that an automobile maker is a bastard cuz cars kill people either. Automobiles are made for another purpose.......not continually harming you.

I would feel free to say I blame the Org. It's bogus, they know it, and they continue to abuse their fellow man and ruin others lives. If they didn't exist.....6 million current members would be better off...........and the countless of thousands before them who succumed to the same yoke.

Gumby

• Mr. Kim
  • MicStroz
    MicStroz

I blame my father who sold his family into slavery.

I had no choice when I was a little child, wasn't till I

was in my late twenties that I made my choice.....

away I went...... and I didn't look back.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I blame both my parents, really. Even thought my father was never a JW, he stood by the sidelines and watched as my mother bulldozed me and my brother into such crap. I guess he figured it's less work for him to intervene; let my mom handle the discipline and all the rest of the dirty work as far as raising kids goes.

As for my mother, it was apparent to me that the whole JW facade is nothing more than an ongoing power struggle with my father. He controls everything else BUT what religion she chooses to follow, and I guess its her way of undermining his machismo. So you all can imagine what kind of hell it was for me and my brother caught up in the middle of all that nastiness for 20+ years.

• Sassy
    Sassy

The only one I blame is the ones who started it, who knew they were not directed by God but took the credit and who kept passing the torch on to someone else to do the same..

I don't' blame my mother who is still blind to them..

nor the one who studied with her.. .whom I dearly loved..

or even myself when I raised my kids.. we all thought we were saving lives.. not wasting them.

• Bryan
    Bryan

my father

• shera
    shera

I wasn't brought up as a witness,and I was the only one in,from my family.So its all on me,my choice to become ane and my choice to leave.

• amicus
    amicus

My dear Flower (ummm... Mazzy Fentun?),

I never will try to suggest my limited perception of the WTBTS is the same as those of you who were raised under this dysfunctional yoke. I offer my obervations as one who knows some things....not all things, please accept my commentary as such.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit