Stop WT society information control by giving access to REAL information

by flipper 14 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I remember being literally on-the-way-out of the organization, about completely faded.  I had a phone conversation with Flipper and I said that the pedophile problem was not my issue.  I said that they probably have that problem no more and no less than any religious organization.  It's such a damned-if-you-do-something-and-damned-if-you-don't-do-something situation.  
    Flipper was patient with me and said "Ok" because I clearly saw WTS for the dangerous mind-control cult that it is, but did not see the depth of this problem yet.  I was like the typical JW on this issue.  
    I have since met Barbara Anderson and heard her talk at BRCI about this subject.  I have since met or read about many who had tragic stories and I have self-educated on how they messed up with the 2-witness rule, protection of elders, MS's, brothers, and how they tried to hush up young boys and girls with the excuse to keep the congregation clean but really to bury a story that makes them look bad.  

My point is that if I didn't see it right away, I fear that most will be as INTEG describes above in his comment.  It's a tough point to be at.  I hope no children were harmed in the local congregation, but at the same time I hope everyone there learns about such things.
  • flipper
    flipper
    OTWO- I do remember those conversations that we had you mentioned. Like you stated a person really has to see it for themselves. Once we do a lot of research post JW ville we begin to see a lot of things that we never knew were happening on the level we thought it was happening whether it's child abuse, the extent of the shunning causing suicides, blood transfusion situations, the list goes on and on. It's never ending all the skeletons that keep falling out of the WT Society's closet. I truly believe that someday some really big skeletons may fall out of that closet that will bite them in the ass. May not be tomorrow, or the next month or year- but WT leaders are SO arrogant they are going to slip up and make some big mistakes . They already are with the child abuse lawsuit situations. WT leaders arrogance will kill this organization in time, or at least deplete it
  • flipper
    flipper
    Going to work all night tonight so wanted to invite anyone to share some thoughts about how to keep giving access to real information to JW's and others concerning the WT Society injustices. Let's put our minds together
  • Fernando
    Fernando

It can't be an accident that it takes around 140 years of door-knocking, per publisher, at 10 hours per month, to generate one new external baptism. (Depending on year, assumptions and calculation used).

The word has gotten out, and most know to avoid the WBTS like the plague.

• flipper
    flipper
    FERNANDO- Good point. It DOES take MANY hours of field service to try to make one JW convert, and even then it's difficult at best when JW's attempt to do it. As you say with the advancement and proliferation of the Internet- more people are being warned to avoid joining Jehovah's Witnesses and that's a good thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit